which husqvarna 350 piston and cylinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilraine

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was given a 350 last week that was strait gassed. piston and cylinder are toast. what would you put in its place. Right now its the only saw i have and id doesnt run :(

i only cut about 5 cord last year, was too busy for any more. I had a 372xp that i loved, but it was stolen. Im cutting eastern hardwoods for my self and sell a few cord..this saw im looking for less than 16 inch wood at most. I prefer less than 12, its faster for me. budget is 150. im gonna do the install.

When you dismantle the saw, and you should dismantle it completely, there are likely lots of little maintenance items in there as well to do... so its possible to get in deep. On the upside, the saw is not only physically easy to maintain, but parts are everywhere. Red loctite on the muffler bolts when done is a must. Blue loctite on the cylinder head bolts too, as well as the bolts that hold down the clamshell. Plus, loctite 518 or 515 or yamabond on the clamshell when it goes back down.

Was there a witness to the straight gassing? The last 2 that I've seen burnt up were from air leaks at the clamshell/bottom-base mating surface.

I've done a few of these with the hyway piston kits with excellent results. Got them on sale for 10 bucks a kit, but they can be had for 25 all the time. Use a 45mm 353 piston for best results.

Latest posts

Back