Which of these Solo 681s looks fastest and strongest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these Solo 681s looks fastest?

• Saw #1

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Saw #2

Votes: 27 71.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
UH ?? GINK ????
did MR one and done do it again ?? :)

"FATGUY
Holy Crap! 50 yd field goal..... did I mention I love the Colts?!?! "
why ??
well Vinetarie has a record of that,,where did he come from before the dolts bought him off to only beat ONE team ??

what a great day,,seachickens with a losing record beat defending champs Aints,,
sexy Rexy toe job shows pay a ton to manning is a wannabe and the jests get to go get humiliated next week by the best team in the NFL :)
nothing to do with chainsaws but i got parts here on my desk,that count ??

UH ?? GINK ????
did MR one and done do it again ?? :)

"FATGUY
Holy Crap! 50 yd field goal..... did I mention I love the Colts?!?! "
why ??
well Vinetarie has a record of that,,where did he come from before the dolts bought him off to only beat ONE team ??

what a great day,,seachickens with a losing record beat defending champs Aints,,
sexy Rexy toe job shows pay a ton to manning is a wannabe and the jests get to go get humiliated next week by the best team in the NFL :)
nothing to do with chainsaws but i got parts here on my desk,that count ??

$up Ron. :)

Hows yer evenin' going?? ;)

Come on! A line graph?!! You are trying to draw a correlation (or at least infer) that cannot be made. ;) Too many variable to draw a conclusion.

Fear not gene jockey! The x-axis is a nominal variable, not a continuous one. It's not a correlation, just the classical way of demonstrating a potential interaction between 2 variables. The difference between the left and the right is the "different log/place/time" effect (this is why I noted you would have to assume the change in conditions would affect all 3 saws in exactly the same way), and the difference in height of the 2 lines is the "saw effect".

Can't say what's happening for sure, and there's no replication, so the estimates themselves are questionable. That said, the null expectation of parallel lines does not seem to hold, and any assertion that the second 681 was an improvement over the first can safely be rejected.

But yeah...it's basically comparing apples to lingerie. Brad asked, I delivered.

Still looks better than some of those bands I have been told can "clearly be seen" on a number of gels! ;)

$up Ron. :)

Hows yer evenin' going?? ;)

Hi man !! after the way the day went doin fine man :)
even worked on a couple saws today with some good luck..
spent evening eating and drinking beer and watchin football with friends..
and the games went the way i wanted so i'm happy :)
how about you ??
tnx for askin :)

Still looks better than some of those bands I have been told can "clearly be seen" on a number of gels! ;)

Oh they are there, trust me. ;) Gels are old school now. We use a capillary electrophoresis machine and gives a digital "gel" image. Also gives band intensity levels.

How was dancing with butterflies this year? That's what you ecologists do, right? :)

Oh they are there, trust me. ;) Gels are old school now. We use a capillary electrophoresis machine and gives a digital "gel" image. Also gives band intensity levels.

How was dancing with butterflies this year? That's what you ecologists do, right? :)

Digital eh...now you can put bands anywhere you want them! And please don't try to tell me band intensity means anything...

Gave a student working with another faculty a hard time when she presented some invisible bands, so she redid the gel, and send me a pic. I used photoshop to cut and paste her bands to spell out "WTF?"

Although "Dances with Butterflies" is my Cherokee name (my Cree name is "Runs with Scissors"), to be honest, most of my sampling is done with a fly rod. You can keep your capillary electrophoresis machine, my next proposal budget is going to include a shopping trip at Orvis!

saws are like alot of things, build your own youll know its right, who needs a over priced saw builder that can do nothing you cant do your self

LOL what can you do? Do you have some fast ones? I don't post much anymore but we do have to make it to a GTG in Ohio this year!! might have to make it to more than 1. i got some saws that run ok. just wish I could run them like them there real good guys. But I think I heard about a GTG at some ball feild in Ohio where only the winner walks away. That sounds like fun.

Digital eh...now you can put bands anywhere you want them! And please don't try to tell me band intensity means anything...

Gave a student working with another faculty a hard time when she presented some invisible bands, so she redid the gel, and send me a pic. I used photoshop to cut and paste her bands to spell out "WTF?"

Oh, band intensity can tell you lots of things. You can actually set a parameter to not score anything below the standard intensity level. It also opens the door to numerous statistical analysis, much to my dismay. By doing this you can set limits to "not there".

Orvis you say? Well I have a multichannel pipette coming next week, jealous? :)

When it's a work saw, show it as a work saw. When you start showing timed cuts and cut in a "race" manner, it's only fair that some will make comparisons to saws used for competition.

Rocking in the wood can give a reasonable indication of it's worth in it's intended purpose. Going light handed can be be picked up and showing the revs pulled down during rocking without stalling also a good indication of a saws potential.

Last edited:
Oh, band intensity can tell you lots of things. You can actually set a parameter to not score anything below the standard intensity level. It also opens the door to numerous statistical analysis, much to my dismay. By doing this you can set limits to "not there".

Orvis you say? Well I have a multichannel pipette coming next week, jealous? :)

The cutoff is a good idea. I just remember being told you have to be careful as hell comparing band intensity...you'd know better than I what needs to be controlled to make intensities comparable. Don't be afraid of getting quantitative!

Multichannel huh...so you can make mistakes 12 times faster now? I do a pretty good job of tangling line with just one rod...no sense adding to my frustration.

Maybe a dropper fly...

The cutoff is a good idea. I just remember being told you have to be careful as hell comparing band intensity...you'd know better than I what needs to be controlled to make intensities comparable. Don't be afraid of getting quantitative!

Multichannel huh...so you can make mistakes 12 times faster now? I do a pretty good job of tangling line with just one rod...no sense adding to my frustration.

Maybe a dropper fly...

Bands are present or absent for DNA, for RNA it gets a little more complicated. I get quantitative all the time, qPCR or microarrays if I feel like wasting months of my time.

Hey, I hear they are cutting down redwoods in CA; you going to sit in one over spring break? That's what ecologists do, right?

I dont wish to get involved in this pizzing match, Dont really care who's saw beat who's saw or how one saw looks compared to another on Video. Put the same B/C in the same peace of wood at the same time enough said !
All I know is a man brought a saw to a GTG. I did no tuning to ether saw they where run as is, the saw was ran aginst a STOCK saw (witch BTW is still stock and available) by 3 different operators. the stock saw was noticeably quicker and more forgiving thats IT, after this finding the man who owned the saw was in shock to say the least, all I did was offer a port job if he would buy a new cly/piston, as said guilty as charged !, he seems to like the saw now that all that matters to me. To "me" the saw is rather impressive and i wouldn't be afraid to put it up against any 5ci work saw rev limiter and all.
Like I said in my 1st (and only post untill now) this was a pretty low way to make a point , I'm fairly confident had I done this I would have been ran out of here on a rail and perhaps banned. I'm new here but I was under the impression flogging of another sponsor was a NO NO ? Against the rules ?
Sure I will admit I have NO luv lose for Brad for obvious reasons that do not have anything to do with this fine site.
It some how appears Mr.Snelling seems some what threatened by me being here,
I didnt come to try and take work from Brad or anyone else ! I could get all the saw work I wanted by just saying YES, I became a sponsor so if some one mentioned a saw that i did they wouldn't be publicly flogged thats it, BTW I was up front with Jenifer when I did this.
Just for the record I would neaver stoop to the levels on a public forum that have been shown in this thread. I have also been made aware that even PM's I shared with Brad from a totally different forum have surfaced, humm I always thought that what PM where for to take differences private and not pollute a forum like this.
I was always taught once I was old enough to be called a Man to act like one not a teenager that didn't get his own way.

For you guys that dont know me I do a little saw work during the winter mouths, I enjoy building full out alky race motors the most, By far "not" the fastest going but we get lucky every now and then. I learn something new ever time I push the envelope to far.
I also play with a few works saws I try to concentrate on make a high torque saw something forgiving, that works in the real world. Sure i can build high reving saws but I see no real reason to push the RPM's for a work saw, I say save the revs for a racers after all thats what race saws are..
Good chance this will be my last post on this matter like I said early I'm not into all the BS... lace them'em up and the the chip's fall where they fall, that always tells the tale good or bad.
Have a good day gentlemen I have deer hunting to do.

Last edited:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NkwJ-g0iJ6w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NkwJ-g0iJ6w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Holy Crap! 50 yd field goal..... did I mention I love the Colts?!?!

just woke up, hey did you watch the whole game? Thats right JETS JETS JETS! Well wife has the kids ready, i got to go to church now. Who are you guys rooting for in the afternoon games?? I hope the CHIEFS win that way Ray "murder" Lewis can go home early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back