Which ported 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any ideas on port work on an 028? I'm porting one this weekend. I've not ported any Stihl's yet.

Good lord, what a waste of an hour of my life but it is good to know nothing has changed in the Chainsaw Forum.

And just so you know, I was just trying to preserve more of the cant for the next competitors. I'm a thoughtful guy like that.

Good lord, what a waste of an hour of my life but it is good to know nothing has changed in the Chainsaw Forum.

And just so you know, I was just trying to preserve more of the cant for the next competitors. I'm a thoughtful guy like that.

Hi Steve. You are quite thoughtful.

Everything is fine here unless one of the Randys tries to sell or modify anything. Then it starts.

I seen a smoking fast 028 from Va at a gtg once. :rock: Made me step back and put a better chain on. :D

I got one of the faster 028's around, and it still gets it's ass handed to it by the 346's...
I only keep it around cause of sentimental reasons... That, and I'm a tard...
:amazed:

I got one of the faster 028's around, and it still gets it's ass handed to it by the 346's...
I only keep it around cause of sentimental reasons... That, and I'm a tard...
:amazed:

I was gonna mention that. :hmm3grin2orange:

Woods ported 028

[video=youtube;V0_gFkSzdl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_gFkSzdl4[/video]

So Woody, you got that thing ported yet? What's the hold up?

Still waiting on parts.I now have 2 2002 359 carbs.One is on its way here and one is on pictured saw that should return soon.I am also working on a 254 Olympic.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The owner didn't cut a lot of wood with it sense he bought it new in 2002:hmm3grin2orange:The carb was already sent to Scott before its trip.Didn't cut much with the oly either.Thats the original 18" on the 359 which I traded to my brother for a 20".

Last edited:
That's right. How's that 576 running?

Well it runs pretty good but it is very hard to bog down, I push on it for all I am worth. Also I think it turns too many RPM's, the wood doesn't seem to slow it down enough. I wish it would use more fuel, I get real tired between fuel fill ups. Part of the problem might be the compression, 195 PSI, if you had kept the compression about 50 PSI lower like when you got the saw at the WK. GTG. I wouldn't have all these problems now.
I guess you accomplished your porting goals so "I have a potty mouth". Good for you.

Back