which saddle of 3

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindaddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
beginner climber , will be climbing mostly removals with spikes and eventually learning with ropes,anyway i tried to narrow it down to 3 saddles and cant decide completely.
tree austria 3.1
avao sit fast
petzl sequoia

these were some i found in the middle to choose from all fairly close in price
what would you choose
or what downfalls do you know of them?
thanks

I have a sequoia and a srt just my preference love the sequoia it does not crush my nuts . I will say you almost have to try the saddle out and see how you like it . I would try my best to find someone your size and try there's out and learn your ropes and your life would be much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Petzl Avao sit fast along with the over-the-shoulder fall arrest attachment. I had a Buckingham tower harness which was very robust (meaning it was heavy), and I am enjoying the Avao. The only time I use the shoulder harness is when I'm working from a ladder because it transfers the weight of my saw to my shoulders in lieu of pulling the belt down.

A lot of the Vermeer dealers have climbing gear sales outlets. Find the closest one to you, and see if they have a rope mounted so that you can try a saddle in person. Saddle fit is as personal as shoe fitting.
Or, drive down to Indy and check out Tree Stuff. You might save enough to cover gas money. Try before you buy if at all possible. I thought I knew which saddle I wanted when I was shopping for my first one. After hanging in it at the store, I bought a different one.

i did not know vermeer had sold this stuff, will look into that.
also did not know about tree stuff in indy either.
it would be nice if the sequoia had a metal shackle or ring to attach to at the bridge though
thnaks for some input guys. it sucks everytime i want to check stuff out no matter what the item , its seems there isnt anything local. everything happens in the south or out west!

Try a Buckingham Deluxe with the floating D's. Like someone already said; go and try and few on. Some places will have ropes set up so you can feel it with your weight in it.

I lived in Alcona county back in the 80's and early 90's.
Vermeer carries stuff from Sherrill Tree. If you call ahead, they might try to have the saddles you are interested in on hand.
What part of Michigan are you in?

i'm in southern,mi also i found bartlett is a few hours away in marlette,mi

Latest posts

Back