Which saw maker bites the dust next

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubster

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all remember Poulan, Homelite, McCulloch, Jonsered, Dolmar, and several other good saw brands such as Pioneer and Solo that may have been lesser known to many buyers. We have also watched them tank. I guess we have the " Big 3" now. Any wagers on which of the big 3 won't be around in 15 years? If I am still kickin in 15 years and this site is still up, I would like to come back and see who was right.

They'll probably all be gone from fuel powered *** if the green /left who currently rule most of the civilised world remain in power
We likely won't even have the legal right to cut down, trim, burn, look at or even take cover in the shade of trees if the green loonies keep pressing the buttons of the Governments of the world at the rate they are doing it now. Farewell to anything made of paper too. Bye Bye toilet paper even.

We all remember Poulan, Homelite, McCulloch, Jonsered, Dolmar, and several other good saw brands such as Pioneer and Solo that may have been lesser known to many buyers. We have also watched them tank. I guess we have the " Big 3" now. Any wagers on which of the big 3 won't be around in 15 years? If I am still kickin in 15 years and this site is still up, I would like to come back and see who was right.
Whats the third?Besides Huskqvarna and Stihl

I would say that there are enough loyalists from each brand to keep all three going. I can find reasons why they would say each brand is best. The problem Echo might run into is the aftermarket parts aren't available as much and repair parts are higher priced.

Ever see Dr Strangelove? Remember the 3 letter code to recall the bombers?

“Our Personal Essence”

“Our Personal Essence”
“Purity of Essence”
How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

“Our Personal Essence”

Back