White oak burns up fast -normal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the best I could find on google - but it was still tasty - just a little crunchy on one side:

1 calorie =
0.00396566683 btus

Even at 500 calories, that's just 2 btus!

Fresh off the farm just a few weeks ago, and an honest inch thick. I hate what passes for a pork chop in the stores!

Can't, I think you are sol with your stove. The only thing I think can get you your heat back with out changing the chimney is going to a furnace in the basement.
I could put the old stove back in but have to change out the chimney.
I think the smaller version of my old stove would do it also.
I am going to buy some insulated curtains (they aint cheap), passive solar house with a lot of south glass

And that's another thing‼
For that kind'a money the damn thing should not only heat like hell's fire... it should wipe your azz and clean the toilet also.

I was lucky in my lesson-learning, mine was given to me... my only expense was modifications and installation.
My old stove cost 940 dollars in 1980 (worth every penny) so how much is that in todays dollars.

Using the inflation index... $2658.80
But that's just the value of a dollar, not necessarily what the stove would cost because today's manufacturing is more automated, streamlined and whatnot (i.e., the same 1980 stove could have been made cheaper in 1980 using today's technology).

Why Steve NW WI ... You ate an... Iowa Chop??
No friggin' way‼

Oh... by-the-way... GO FORTY-NINERS‼

Please prove me wrong, I have a 3000 dollar POS (piece of steel :D) bumming me out.
I love gadgets but I love things that are straight forward and work well much better
Tomorrow we are looking at -50 below wind chills, wood burner is only heat I have.:cry:
My old stove cost 940 dollars in 1980 (worth every penny) so how much is that in todays dollars.
My main stove is a US Stoves Magnolia, bought in 2005 or 2006 for less than $800. Just like all my saws - inexpensive, not good for impressing anybody (other than me), and very functional.

Whitespider,

Yeah same here old bertha I just tossed in wood and very little other activity needed.
Since I got the new epa about 5 years ago I swear I spend more time fiddle with air setting and cleaning glass than drinking.
So I'm watching the stove a lot LOL

The barrel stoves are great IMO and heat the place up nice.
Almost a must for a shortish straight chimney with them though.
If you got that combo then enjoy lots of heat and very little extra cleaning of pipes.
Seem to remember on your shop install it's a short straight pipe set so a barrel I think would toast the shop up real nice.

Back