White Oak takes forever to dry.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad's first brand new truck when he went into business for himself was a 72 Chevy C30 with a 12' stake body, 350 4 barrel, granny 4 speed, power steering and power disc brakes in the front. The truck it replaced was a 68 C50 With no power anything. Since I got the new truck I thought I died and went to heaven. In 78 he bought two new Fords, an F250 for him, and an F600 12' dump for me. It had a little 330 V8 and all I can say about that truck is it was sllloooowwwww.

Dad's first brand new truck when he went into business for himself was a 72 Chevy C30 with a 12' stake body, 350 4 barrel, granny 4 speed, power steering and power disc brakes in the front. The truck it replaced was a 68 C50 With no power anything. Since I got the new truck I thought I died and went to heaven. In 78 he bought two new Fords, an F250 for him, and an F600 12' dump for me. It had a little 330 V8 and all I can say about that truck is it was sllloooowwwww.

The 70's was not a good decade for cars and trucks, They rusted everywhere and broke down all the time.
Had a 73 silverado 305, pulled that piece of junk 305 and put in a built LT1, rand great with that motor but the rusty old body was still a piece of crap.It was a good sleeper though, a rusty old 73 with a built LT1. lol

The 70's was not a good decade for cars and trucks, They rusted everywhere and broke down all the time.
Had a 73 silverado 305, pulled that piece of junk 305 and put in a built LT1, rand great with that motor but the rusty old body was still a piece of crap.It was a good sleeper though, a rusty old 73 with a built LT1. lol
I have a 72. 149k on the original 350 . Great truck . Sorry for the tread shift. 20191103_123957.jpg

Heres my seceret for drying whiteoak. I keep it in log form for about a year. I lay a couple logs on the ground and stack the rest cross ways on top. In about a year the bark will start to slip, this shows its drying. I then buck and throw in a high pile, The higher I can pile it the better, as high stacks mean less soil contact. The next year, I split and stack on pallets in the dry. Again, I stack as high as I can reach. The next winter, I burn in stove. Usually 2 to 3 years and its ready to burn. White oak on the ground is a sponge and will rot before it drys. I have split 36-40 in dia white oak that has been bucked for 4 or 5 years and left laying on the ground. The outside will be fluff and the middle will drip water.

Latest posts

Back