White Pine milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the fun I had yesterday. Still have 2-3 boards to mill from this White Pine. I will move the boards into the basement on Monday and will rip them on my tablesaw in a couple of weeks.

Looks good. Whats up with the gas can? Aux. fuel tank?

Thanks for the pics !
attachment.php

Aux fuel can

Looks good. Whats up with the gas can? Aux. fuel tank?

You bet. I can cut around 20+ feet without refueling which is huge on a 075/076 saw.

We (one of my employees) drilled a hole in the gas can (1 gallon), used a couple fittings we had laying around the shop, and now I am good to go.

I bungie cord the can to the mill's top rail as you can see in the picture. So far so good.

Thanks for the pics !
attachment.php

You're very welcome. I will get someone to video my using it sometime. I am on the lookout for a Hi Lift jack now!! I need to get these logs off the ground. I am researching a few posts on this.

Here are some pictures of the fun I had yesterday. Still have 2-3 boards to mill from this White Pine. I will move the boards into the basement on Monday and will rip them on my tablesaw in a couple of weeks.

Trever, nice milling.

I see that you have a 105cc West Bend saw. Could yo post a picture of the saw. I might know where I can get one, but I need to picture to verify it.

jerry-

Strunk

Trever, nice milling.

I see that you have a 105cc West Bend saw. Could yo post a picture of the saw. I might know where I can get one, but I need to picture to verify it.

jerry-

Jerry,

Enjoy reading some our posts and like your handle. I have been looking for an West Bend, Chrysler, Power Bee 820 for awhile now. I would like to run one on a mill. Also, really would like own a Root, Wards, Lancaster, White 820 chainsaw. Here is my Strunk Big Machete. I will rebuild it eventually.

Jerry,

Enjoy reading some our posts and like your handle. I have been looking for an West Bend, Chrysler, Power Bee 820 for awhile now. I would like to run one on a mill. Also, really would like own a Root, Wards, Lancaster, White 820 chainsaw. Here is my Strunk Big Machete. I will rebuild it eventually.

Trever,

Thanks for the photos, now I know what they look like.

My mill is actually a 820 Chrysler motor. I bought it from an old poster here, Art Martin. He was going to build a race saw from it and never did, he even gave me a 1" bore carb with the motor. So when I mill it really cuts. I had to make my own clutch drive rim fro two different drums, but it works great. I have some pictures posted showing how I made the drum. With the right tools it's easy.

I have a spare original 820 Wards motor just in case I break something on my Wards saw or my mill.

Thanks again for the pictures. Are you going to restore that saw?

jerry-

I have a spare original 820 Wards motor just in case I break something on my Wards saw or my mill.

jerry-[/QUOTE]

Yes I will get around to it; it is my oldest and neatest saw.
I am currently building a 076 Super from a TS 760. After that, I will build a Homelite C-91 followed by the Strunk. I have a KTM 125 motor to play around with too. Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving.

A few of these boards will yield 16" wide boards. I measured na couple of them this evening after the turkey wore off. Now it's off to my parents house for a second dose!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

jerry-

Yes I will get around to it; it is my oldest and neatest saw.
I am currently building a 076 Super from a TS 760. After that, I will build a Homelite C-91 followed by the Strunk. I have a KTM 125 motor to play around with too. Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

How's that going for you? Any issues with the oiler? I've read that some cases had the oil reservoir permanently blocked off on the cutoff saws.

How's that going for you? Any issues with the oiler? I've read that some cases had the oil reservoir permanently blocked off on the cutoff saws.

I'd like to know more about this. I'm Building a a 076 from a Ts760 also.

I have two different case one obviously can't have an oiler and the other seems to be the same case as the 076. Maybe we should do a tread on it. It doesn't seem documented very well.

I have two different case one obviously can't have an oiler and the other seems to be the same case as the 076. Maybe we should do a tread on it. It doesn't seem documented very well.

I had this discussion last summer with fellow member "kevlar" over here:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=102938

He's pretty convinced there are no TS760 crankcases in existence that can be used, or at least not the right half. I trust his judgment but I've hung out around here enough to know that there is always an exception to the rule where saws are concerned! I'm going to ask my friend if he has a 760 carcass somewhere on his shelves, just to see what they look like.

076 conversion

How's that going for you? Any issues with the oiler? I've read that some cases had the oil reservoir permanently blocked off on the cutoff saws.[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I will go outside a look at the part number that is on my cases. I have noticed some TS 760 cases have the provision for a handguard/ handbrake and some look more like the older 051/075 cases without it. The cases I am using have it. My TS760 had a removeable plug where the oiler would be on a 1111 series saw (050/051/075/076/ MS076). I will look at the plug for the adjustable auto oiler today as well. Where the manual oiler would be was a bolt screwed into the case. Looks to like my case was a 076 case.

Does your case have the handbrake ears on the front? See if an aluminum plug is installed where oiler would be. Mine removed just like you would removing the oiler.

I have some pictures with part numbers of the case halves I am using for my build.

I had this discussion last summer with fellow member "kevlar" over here:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=102938

He's pretty convinced there are no TS760 crankcases in existence that can be used, or at least not the right half. I trust his judgment but I've hung out around here enough to know that there is always an exception to the rule where saws are concerned! I'm going to ask my friend if he has a 760 carcass somewhere on his shelves, just to see what they look like.

I am not as far in build yet, but my cases look like they will work so far. I know the manual oiler will work due to their being a tapped hole with just a bolt screwed in. I have seen these on other TS 760 cases as well and have seen some other TS 760 cases that do not have it.

Also, I must mention that my TS 760 was the old style that have the (2) screw air filter cover and not the newer single screw cover.

That's one nice looking case. I have one with the same numbers as yours. I have two other cases that both have different numbers.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I don't buy the fact that they can't be converted. It not gonna stop me from trying. I figure if the oiler doesn't I'll just add a auxiliary oiler to both sides. :hmm3grin2orange:

Oiler

I don't buy the fact that they can't be converted. It not gonna stop me from trying. I figure if the oiler doesn't I'll just add a auxiliary oiler to both sides. :hmm3grin2orange:

Yep!! Great minds must think alike!!:D I was thinking the same earlier. I will post on another thread sometime how it works out.

Dad gumit!! You all have me thinking now. I am going outside and slide my new oiler inside that case and see. I will let you all know.

Yep!! Great minds must think alike!!:D I was thinking the same earlier. I will post on another thread sometime how it works out.

Dad gumit!! You all have me thinking now. I am going outside and slide my new oiler inside that case and see. I will let you all know.

The one thing I don't see is if the oil can get to the oiler. Mine is still together. Can you see over to where there oiler would pick up the oil from the inside of the case.

Back