Who does chainsaw engine mods, and how much?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTwoodnutt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Group,
I've been readin' & searchin' on/off for most of today, all throughout the site...
I'm geting ready to rebuild my Husky 372XP, and am thinking about performance mods.
Where can I find just who does engine mods (porting & etc) and how much it cost$??

I'd like somemore power & torque out of my 372, but DON'T want to limit the rebuilt engines Life.

Any specific sites for the fellas who do these mods?

I'm a firewood cutter/producer/user, who does about 15/20 cords per year.

'Anybody do it here in New England?

Thankx,

Irv Ambler - New Fairfield, CT

..."An Analog Man Livin' In A Digital World"... :D

2004 Husqvarna 372XP....[currently in a rather 'disassembled' state] :msp_scared:
2005 Stihl MS 250
...(had a nice Husky 268, but it got stolen...:censored:

Stumpy's Customs in Missouri -- 250 for just about anything
Mastermind in Tennessee -- 200 without a popup, 250 with a popup
Tlandrum in Tennessee -- Haven't seen any posted prices and I don't run saw models that he mods so I don't know.
Simon in BC Canada -- I can't remember, but I think he only mods new saws
ECSaws in Ohio -- Not sure

There's several more that are escaping me at this point in time...

I've got an MS361 that Stumpy built and it's a very good running saw, I've seen lots of good things on his 372's as well. I've got a 372 that Mastermind did right now and it's a good running saw as well.

Whoever you go with, you're going to be happy...that saw moves mountains by sitting on them when modded. I know from personal experience that Stumpy will stand behind what he builds no matter what, so I'm kind of a cheerleader for him, but all of the modders on here are good guys from what I've seen and experienced.

Word of Warning:
Check out your sources before sending your money and saw off to them. Make sure they are well known around the forum and are reliable, as well as dependable. Do all of this before you talk with those sources, and you'll feel much better while your saw is in their possession.

Old dudes, may not rock it into a racer but sounds like you dont need that anyway...

Peerless Power Equipment,llc/index

Right in town, helped me out a dozen times. Just don't go in there thinking you're going to set the world on fire, they move at their own pace and they like it that way.

Back