Who does custom saw work in the NW USA?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treemonkey is in that area. Scott does great work too. :msp_wink:

Scott (tree monkey) is in Wisconsin. Wisconsin is not the NW United States, although it is certainly NW of you, Randy. ;)

But, Wazzu, unless you have a modder in your same city or very close to you, you're going to have to ship the saw for modding. In that case, it matters little where you are and where the modder is. Best work I've gotten is from a guy in Kentucky, as well as Tree Sling'r.

Not knocking any other modders, many of whom do excellent work, I'm told.

Just going on my own experience. :)

Last edited:
Scott (tree monkey) is in Wisconsin. Wisconsin is not the NW United States, although it is certainly NW of you, Randy. ;)

But, Wazzu, unless you have a modder in your same city or very close to you, you're going to have to ship the saw for modding. In that case, it matters little where you are and where the modder is. Best work I've gotten is from a guy in Kentucky, as well as Tree Sling'r.

Not knocking any other modders, many of whom do excellent work, I'm told.

Just going on my own experience. :)

That guy is KY is a hack......and one of my bestest bros. :rock:

There are a pile of them, at least one of which is a sponsor here. A lot of very good ones.

I thought I was bad in geography...Dean Hylton is the only hot rodder in the NW ;). Where in the NW is Tree Slinger?

I thought I was bad in geography...Dean Hylton is the only hot rodder in the NW ;). Where in the NW is Tree Slinger?

Far northern California in Ft. Jones. Close to the Oregon border. I will put another vote in for Tree Sling'r. I have a 371 built by him and I couldn't be happier. For me from east, TN it was $48 shipping one way and worth every penny.

I have shipped 3 saws to Kentucky for woods porting.
Also one from Ohio!

UPS ground is under $40.

I think you mean Tennessee Steve........

I've got your 288 down to the case......a freshening up is in order but the saw is it great shape.

People north of the Mason-Dixon line don't distinguish one Southern state from another. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

That's funny.......we feel the same way about northern states.

Now, if a man in Minnesota and his wife get a divorce.......are they still brother and sister? :msp_unsure:

:D

Now, if a man in Minnesota and his wife get a divorce.......are they still brother and sister? :msp_unsure:

:D

Yup. You can divorce your wife, but you can't divorce your kin. I think they invented the concept in the Smoky Mountains. :hmm3grin2orange:

there is a lot of good builders on here,,, i had masterboob do mine and i can't be happier with his work,, it was a hard choice on picking a builder though

there is a lot of good builders on here,,, i had masterboob do mine and i can't be happier with his work,, it was a hard choice on picking a builder though
I wouldnt let that Mastermind guy touch one of my saws, but he does a hell of a job on a toaster:rock:

Latest posts

Back