Who got the NOS Solo Twin?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon1212

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
Fess up now!!!!! $2425?!!! And I thought my max bid was high!

Yeah, I caught that auction right at the last 2 minutes. That price jumped $ 650.00. Man my wife would kill me if I tried that, and she would be within her rights........LOL! My question about the NOS description, was the shelf made out of sand paper? I mean the botom of the saw was pretty much bare metal.

blsnelling
Yeah, I caught that auction right at the last 2 minutes. That price jumped $ 650.00. Man my wife would kill me if I tried that, and she would be within her rights........LOL! My question about the NOS description, was the shelf made out of sand paper? I mean the botom of the saw was pretty much bare metal.

I asked him about that. He said it was from being pulled on an off the shelf for 45 years.

WoodChuck'r
I don't get it.

I seriously don't get it.

I have no appreciation for that saw like others do. I just can't wrap my head around why anyone (let alone myself) would ever want one. It just doesn't register with me. I know it's significant for it's time - but I find the whole thing boring as hell.

I'm not bashing it and saying it's crap, I just have no interest in it at all whatsoever. I told Eccentric in a thread a few weeks back that if I ever happen to come across one he can have the blasted thing. He said he'd be willing to buy a new 372 for trade - I hope I find one that way I'll get a new 372. I would so much rather have one of those.....

The "Solo Twin" - I'm not there with ya guys, sorry. If I'm gonna own a Solo I think I'll stick with my 681.....

miking

miking

ArboristSite Operative
Lol, collectors of all types are an odd lot. I collect old Pabst beer cans, and have been known to pay nearly $200 for the right one yet some go way higher than that. Some brands of beer cans have gone for $6000 or more! Why? I have no idea ...like saws, people just like them.

Fifelaker

Fifelaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
A tale to make one cry. I was talking to friend yesterday and asked what happend to so and so's twin he then told me he scrapped it . He said he got 10-12 dollars for it:bang:

Ambull

Ambull

OCD Muscle Saw Collector
I put the $2400 bid in, and came up second. It was really more than I wanted to pay. Woodchucker, I am the exact opposite of you. I would give away the 372, and pay big bucks for the vintage muscle saw. I only need 2 work saws, and the rest are collector saws.

Latest posts