Who got the Solo Twin?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a good time watching that one end. Around five bills with 10 minutes left, then all I can remember was 6-7-8... last few seconds of the auction went something like eight bills- BAM! $1136.11 hehe. Very cool saw. Not my thing, but pretty neat saw to say the least!

Not sure who got it, but they sure threw a pretty penny at it. Wonder if the seller even thought that price would come when he listed it?

Not sure that he Knew what he had. To tell you the truth I would not have guessed that price. Seller had very little info, and condition is good but soso.

It was fun to watch.

I was told a member of another forum bought it, not the seller himself.

(not that it's any of our business.)

Jacob,

I see on Magnus's site that you said you contacted the seller and he/she said they were paid so I guess all of us that thought it was shill/plug bid are wrong. I am glad you were able to confirm the high bid was for real:):) I guess I was dead wrong

Bill

Jacob,

I see on Magnus's site that you said you contacted the seller and he/she said they were paid so I guess all of us that thought it was shill/plug bid are wrong. I am glad you were able to confirm the high bid was for real:):) I guess I was dead wrong

Bill

Yep, your suspicions aren't always true, and you're a suspicious guy by nature.

I don't know why some of y'all are always trying to stir-up crap when there's none to stir up. It was MY item, and NOBODY bid on it but those who were after it. I was at work when it ended, and my wife called me with the good news. Those of you who don't believe this can go "soil" yourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
People haven't learned yet that a lot of what goes on simply isn't their business.
I find it interesting that people always seem to want to know what I paid for the saws I pick up. It is really not anyone elses business and bragging about how cheap you may have acquired a saw has a way of coming back to bite you when it is time to sell. If I wanted people to know I would post the information....

Yup. It seems as if people have an aversion to paying what a saw is actually worth if they know you got a bargain on it.

I find it interesting that people always seem to want to know what I paid for the saws I pick up. It is really not anyone elses business and bragging about how cheap you may have acquired a saw has a way of coming back to bite you when it is time to sell. If I wanted people to know I would post the information....

What I find interesting is that when people hear you paid say, $45.00 for a certain saw, and then you decide to sell it, they decide that you should sell it to them for what you paid for it.

I don't think so!

What you pay for equipment is your business and the person who sold it to you. No one else has any bearing or involvement.

Being nosey is one thing. People are going to be nosey, it's just in our nature. But throwing around accusations without evidence of any wrong doing is BS.

When it comes down to it, it's really no ones business.

Aslo it can be frustrating when you take the time/spend the money to make a saw right and replace parts then after people wanna pay project saw prices. Some of the offers I get with the hours I have in some of em are insulting. A mans time is worth something and that is time (working on/tracking down parts) the buyer will not have to invest. I get tired of hearing "well one of those same saws (although not running, missing covers etc) sold for only such and such last week".

Latest posts

Back