Who has a muffler for Skil 1631?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswensen

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got a good looking and running Skil 1631 version 3 for free.

60 CCs. Great compression and great spark. BUT, someone grabbed the muffler off of it.

WOW is it loud.

Too loud.

I need a muffler and mounting screws. Anyone have a set they can "part" with? I understand this is a rebadged PP320, so a muffler of that flavor would work too.

PM340 - good, thank you.

I wish I had the skills and tools to "roll my own".

So, no one sells aftermarket for a 46 year-old obscure saw? I can't imagine that! (yes, sarcasm)

My free oldie is actually a 1629 but pretty well the same saw, 69 cc and actually a very good runner, looks like old heck but starts and runs now,since I chiseled out the crap that was packed in around the flywheel, hard as concrete. The recoil could not pull the flywheel over.

Thanks for the offer Guido - but then I'd still have a saw with no muffler - and that would just continue to drive me crazy.
I may have a 1631 with muffler for you. I just picked it up today. Only thing I see missing is the pull start handle and cord, and also some type of choke knob is gone. I'm interested in giving this to someone who needs the parts. PM me and perhaps I can help you out.

Back