Who has the best Spark Plugs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosch makes a good reliable plug. Have been using the WSR6F Cr-Ni in most of my Stihl small engines with very good sucess.:bowdown:

Plugs are an incredibly simple part. I've never had a problem with any brand I've tried.

You have never used "Torch" brand Chinese plugs, i guarantee you will have
problems,:greenchainsaw:

NGK, Bosch or Champion , i really dont think there is a lot of difference between
them.

Last edited:
change the plug

I change my plug every fall reguardless of what it looks like. for the few dollars they cost it's a no,brainer. i save the old one in my saw bag or use it in other lawn equiptment.....

a saw that won't start or blubbers is useless.

this spring i cut 9 cords of tree length hard wood and when finished took the saw apart cleaned it and put a new plug in. do the math 9 cords divided by $4.00 thats 44 cents a cord..........

too many people bring me saws and say can you fix my saw, i ask how old is the saw? many say oh a couple of years, i ask when is the last time you changed the plug???? and you get that deer in the headlights look..

CHANGE THE PLUG ONCE A YEAR.........REGUARDLESS OF THE BRAND.

but personally i like bosh or ngk

Last edited:
Maybe the problem wasn't Champion, but the type of plug you were using (non-resister vs resistor type) I know some of my equipment specifically calls for the resistor type (R in the part number designation) as the non-resistor type will sometimes interfere with equipment sensitive to different frequencies.

ex. Champion CJ7Y vs RCJ7Y. Same plug just one has a resistor.

I have used all different brands of plugs and never had a problem as long as I used whatever the manufacturer recommends. (I can't believe I just said that.) Just my two cents.

It was the factory supplied plug--brand new. Maybe it was the particular plug that was faulty, but heard numerous horror stories from other ultralight pilots. All I know is after that incident we used NGK's exclusively and never had another problem. I will admit to having Champions in many tractors, lawnmowers, trucks, cars etc. I just don't use them in 2 stroke applications--except an old Mac 610. It only liked the Champion plugs. Go figure!

I like NGK real well, champion has always worked fine for me in everything I tried them in too. Only plugs that ever gave issues were some Autolite platinums that has those little platinum biscuits attached to the electrode and they wore off or fell off in short order on my old F150.

Latest posts

Back