Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still burning 24x7 here but I do let the fire die down during the day to just a few coals and restart it around 6 or 7 PM with a small fire and reload around 11PM for the night.

Still burning here too.. every evening and night , sometimes a small fire during the day on the weekends to take the chill out of the air.

This is one cold spring! woke up to 2" of snow on the ground Saturday and there is still some around.

Still burning here too.. every evening and night , sometimes a small fire during the day on the weekends to take the chill out of the air.

This is one cold spring! woke up to 2" of snow on the ground Saturday and there is still some around.

you guys have been getting it worse all year compared to up here

any water around your place? we are a couple or few weeks away from anything worrisome, but some sandbags are at the ready

you guys have been getting it worse all year compared to up here

any water around your place? we are a couple or few weeks away from anything worrisome, but some sandbags are at the ready

Water is disappearing slowly but still quite a bit of snow and ice for this time of year.. Flood forcast are getting better but still could get bad I guess. The good thing with this cold weather is the slow melt, probably save quite a few homes from floating away!

Let the OWB go out a couple of weeks ago because we had a warm spell, and its the middle of april so it should be fairly warm. Wife said I should keep it going...She especially loves the hotter hot water. Well here I sit beside the insert with a fire going. I've had it lit 3 out of the past four days. I guess I should have listened to my wife. Looks to be below normal for most of the week.:dizzy:

Same thing, let the owb go out a week or so ago, did some cleaning on it, then it went back down to the 40's in the day, and low 30's at night.

So back on it came. :dizzy:

Got home from vacation this morning at odark thirty, just (GASP) turned the thermostat up and took a nap, wood stove is burning again now, time for another nap.

Just lit it up on my lunch hour...43° and raining here...Is it every gonna stop...:bang:

still burning

I have had a fire going most every day lately. I did manage to miss a few days when the temps were high enough to justify not burning. I have all of the wood fit to burn at the house. When that is gone it is back to the oil:msp_mad:

I have been building a fire every night lately and sometimes keep it going during the day if the sun doesn't come out. I ran out of wood in the basement so I was just carrying it in by hand until that got to be 3-4 armloads a day. Filled up my truck and threw that down in the basement and I'm hoping that will be all I need! I think it was 3 years ago we got called to a chimney fire the first week of June, so with all the light burning going on make sure you check your chimneys!!!

Here in north central PA we have been burning since October. This Spring has been cold and damp. I am getting tired of all this mud and grey skies and ready for some bass fly fishing in the worst way.

Global warming can cause very cold winters too...

Seriously, they are actually saying that. In recorded history, this was the 37th coldest winter in Arky-saw.....get this, out of 145 winters! But global warming did it?
BTW....the windows are open in the house with a fan blowing.....it's only 72*F right now.

Guberment must cause a panic in order for them to be able to tax it all better.......

Scott B

aint that the truth!!!

anddddddd,it snowed yesterday,, after it rained hard in the morning,,and when the snow stopped,,3 in of WET on the ground,,,,,,yah,,im STILL burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Started up another one when I got home from work yesterday and kept it going through the night. I will fill up the stove before I go to work this morning.

It's not cold anymore, but sometimes I'd rather a warm house than a cool one. :)

:cheers:

Global warming my arse. I'll be burning for another month probably. This is the coldest spring here I can remember for a long time.

My stove has only gone out a few times so far.

Kindly note that most south of you have "ass", never "arse". Please correct. :popcorn:

Downeast Maine spring is usually crappy ( "A big difference between the first day of Spring and the first spring day." anonymous ). As we speak, both stoves are burning, it is 30 F ( -1 C for you boy:dizzy:), and some kind of white stuff is dribbling from a grey sky. Not unusual. Black flies don't hatch until Memorial Day, then it's Summer.

Let the OWB go out a couple of weeks ago because we had a warm spell, and its the middle of april so it should be fairly warm. Wife said I should keep it going...She especially loves the hotter hot water. Well here I sit beside the insert with a fire going. I've had it lit 3 out of the past four days. I guess I should have listened to my wife. Looks to be below normal for most of the week.:dizzy:

you dont listen to wife???? please tell us,,of the approx date of your experation..............................so we can plan for your funeral!!!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back