Who loves 50cc saws????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty happy with my 346xp had a red lever 026 that was a great saw too. Sold it to a friend and now it is putting a smile on his face.

I like the 50-55cc saws they are great little saws these days. 450 husky nothing to brag about but gets the job done when little guys need to be used for limbing

My favorite saw is my 346xp OE, it does have the 50cc NE P&C. Just like the looks of the oe better, no primer and all Orange. Just bought a 550xp but haven't fueled it yet. Still looking for another 346xp OE.

Definitely like a 50cc. But a 50cc is kind of the in between saw for me personally. How we fell and buck up trees we fell or dead trees the 50cc range doesn't get a chance to do what its supposed to. We knock the twigs and small limbs off with our 021, and the other assorted small saws, our 026s are used as well, but not enough to truely appreciate them. In my mind the only way to appreciate a GOOD 50cc saw is to tackle an entire tree with them, say 2 foot at the base. Too much of a tree a and not enough saw to pull a 25 inch bar. But a saw that will bury a 18 or 20 with authority is a true GOOD 50cc saw. Like I say, I don't work my 50ccs to the point where I bury the bar and have to double cut often, but in my mind that is the test of a good 50cc saw. I jump from 45cc to 75 very often, i find myself working my sub 50s alot harder than i work my 50s. When my 021 or 025 wont handle it, i jump to the 046. Overkill and a huge jump but its how i find muyself using my saws.

sorry i'm not a 50cc guy at all but i'm really dig'n the title of your vid lol. you should change pro's to goons or something lol i think they had vids with titles similar here somewhere. they can't take their own medicine :laugh: this thread will be mentioned somewhere on the net. i bet it will be mentioned on one of 2 sites or perhaps both :givebeer:

All I can say is my whole family heats with wood and only 2 of us have 70cc saws and booth of them set on the shelf more often then not. Why carry more weight then you have to? Who here really cuts wood to heat with that is mostly over 20"? The way I see it is if I can get 8 to 10" stuff, better for me, no splitting required. Just my 2 cents but my 346xp and 359 have always been plenty of saw. I prob sell my like new 372xp (cut 1 tree) or trade it for another 346xp.

Almost all of my work can be done with the 16" Bar & Chain (low profile); my most cherished 50cc saws are over kill; I've started using 43cc.

My goal is the < 4kg (8.8 lbs) Power-Head, with inboard clutch, using the 16" Bar & Chain.

All I can say is my whole family heats with wood and only 2 of us have 70cc saws and booth of them set on the shelf more often then not. Why carry more weight then you have to? Who here really cuts wood to heat with that is mostly over 20"? The way I see it is if I can get 8 to 10" stuff, better for me, no splitting required. Just my 2 cents but my 346xp and 359 have always been plenty of saw. I prob sell my like new 372xp (cut 1 tree) or trade it for another 346xp.
Yeah the big stuff gets to be a project - lots of wood but lots of work too. The trees under 20" are a lot easier to work with.

I don't actually have a 50cc saw. I have a 46cc and a 55cc.

Back