Who made this saw? I cant find any Info ANYWHERE!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ive got a older saw, Sticker on the recoil and clutch cover says "Wizard B0-13"

Now, the 13 is pretty scraped, so it could be 131, or sometihng like that..

Ill try and describe it a little.

It is VERY heavy, saw, with a 18" bar weighs in the 20-22lb range.

Rear handle. Orange in color. No chain brake.

Vertical Cylinder. The engine is pretty large, Id say it is in the 60-85cc range. The Top of the head is about 4.5" across.

Manual oiler, with a tab that sticks out to the left of the rear handle.

Very hard to pull the rope, lots of compression.

Im just looking for ANY info on this saw..It ran last year after alot of work, it had endless power, but remains hard to start. I just tried to start it for 30 minutes and the best I could do was a 15 second spurt..

It has spark, new plug. Rebuilt carb, has hot spark, fresh fuel...and as I said, lots of compression.

Once it starts and warms up, it is erratic at times, but runs strong.

Anyone else heard of or have one of these Wizard saws.

I know it was sold by Western Auto, but dont know who made it.

Thanks!
Tommy-

Looked at the big saw info site, and it says BO13 as a model #, but no info provided...oh well!:angry:

The poulan 7700 and 6900 look vaguely similar, but the pics are small and not very clear.

Poulan made all the wizard saws that I know of. Try looking under poulan 361 or 306

RED-85-Z51 said:
Ive got a older saw, Sticker on the recoil and clutch cover says "Wizard B0-13"

Now, the 13 is pretty scraped, so it could be 131, or sometihng like that..

Ill try and describe it a little.

It is VERY heavy, saw, with a 18" bar weighs in the 20-22lb range.

Rear handle. Orange in color. No chain brake.

Vertical Cylinder. The engine is pretty large, Id say it is in the 60-85cc range. The Top of the head is about 4.5" across.

Manual oiler, with a tab that sticks out to the left of the rear handle.

Very hard to pull the rope, lots of compression.

Im just looking for ANY info on this saw..It ran last year after alot of work, it had endless power, but remains hard to start. I just tried to start it for 30 minutes and the best I could do was a 15 second spurt..

It has spark, new plug. Rebuilt carb, has hot spark, fresh fuel...and as I said, lots of compression.

Once it starts and warms up, it is erratic at times, but runs strong.

Anyone else heard of or have one of these Wizard saws.

I know it was sold by Western Auto, but dont know who made it.

Thanks!
Tommy-

The last Wizard saw I ever saw was in a store thats no longer around in my area, WESTERN AUTO. They had Wizard lawn mowers, Wizard saws, Wizard trimmers and so on. I think the Wizard name was just for Western Auto store. Hell I once bought a old set of Wizard wrenches there. As to who made the saws, at the time I was going in there, 25 years ago, they were made by Remmington. The SL-9 and SL-11 with Wizard logo's on them.

well, it isnt a remington, as far as I can tell.

It may be a poulan, but I dont know.

Here is more description.

It is Anti-Vibration, with rubber mounts on the handles, not springs, actual rubber.

You take off the little rear cover over the paper cloth like wire air filter, with 1 screw.

Then you take off 3 more screws, and with some wrestling, the whole top comes off, exposing the carb, head, and other stuff.

The coil is in the front of the saw, not the top or back. The choke is a little plastic pull on the right of the handle.

Went through all the poulans again, and I found it..:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Poulan 3400, 3700 or 4000.

Ranging in Size from 56-65cc's Accepting bars from 16 to 30 inches.

Back