Who owns a Gransfors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mueller 3 kg (6.6 lb) maul demonstrated two things to me:
1. How a maul head should be shaped. I then applied that lesson to two Bradlees-special mauls to good effect.
2. Excellent metallurgy- hard & tough steel.
That maul is my "heavy artillery" for any hard-cases.

Then I got a 5.5 lb Wetterlings (dead ringer for Husqy maul from Hultafors Bruks) and a 6 lb Council Tools maul. With that arsenal, not much need to take prisoners. Council Tools maul and "Jersey-pattern" axe are also super-bargains, IMO, for ~$25 each.

@Ironworker I'll be bringing the assortment for your evaluation at the GTG on 4/26. I hope you'll trust some of us to try the Gransfors.

@hardpan see the bit about Council Tool prices. From NC, US of A.
It's looking like my daughter has a gymnastics meet on the 26th.

Mueller 3 kg (6.6 lb) maul demonstrated two things to me:
1. How a maul head should be shaped. I then applied that lesson to two Bradlees-special mauls to good effect.
2. Excellent metallurgy- hard & tough steel.
That maul is my "heavy artillery" for any hard-cases.

Then I got a 5.5 lb Wetterlings (dead ringer for Husqy maul from Hultafors Bruks) and a 6 lb Council Tools maul. With that arsenal, not much need to take prisoners. Council Tools maul and "Jersey-pattern" axe are also super-bargains, IMO, for ~$25 each.

@Ironworker I'll be bringing the assortment for your evaluation at the GTG on 4/26. I hope you'll trust some of us to try the Gransfors.

@hardpan see the bit about Council Tool prices. From NC, US of A.
Here we go again with the Council Tool infomercials. We saw how well that worked last fall when everyone who purchased one thought it was junk.

I wasn't sure about spending that kind of money on an axe, but glad I did. Every once in a while you gotta take care of yourself.

Ironworker, good to hear you enjoy your investment on the axe...good for ya. Keep bustin those rounds. :)

Back