Who said all tree surgeons were monkeys?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0weston0

Reaction score
So during the quiet month of May I had a bit of time on my hands so put it to good use. Usually I rely on making phone calls, word of mouth and a few carefully placed adds to get work but thought I would broaden my horizons and build a website. So after watching a few video tutorials on website building this is the result.

Weston Tree Services Tree Surgeon Tree Surgery in Inverness and the Highlands

Constructive criticism welcome as this is my first attempt at this kind of thing.

Thanks Folks

Who said you cant teach an old monkey new tricks.

I ok'd this thread, hoping that the poster is looking for sincere feedback on his website, and not just trolling.

Time will tell. Meanwhile, if any of you have advice for him, let him know what you think.

he's just looking for some advise. its not like he's going to find any customers on here, we all handle our own stuff. looks like a decent site. although i couldnt help but chuckle when i had seen that you were a member of A-FAG lol! suppose im a bit immature sometimes but what can i say, i grew up watching beavis and butthead hahaha!

Looks great for a first attempt! The quality and content makes it look like you paid a professional to create your site.
Well Done!!

In your gallery section, i would be a bit careful with picture 3, the cut limb snags look bad, home owners will not realize its a take down, just look like shoddy work. I would also add more pictures.

Nice website! It looks professional for sure!

My .02

One of your banner photos wouldn't load all the way
And is it just me or are your rounds cut small and in different sizes?
Maybe the tree was just huge and you cut the bigger ones small so they would be easier to handle, we do that too. Otherwise we cut every round to 16" unless a different size is requested by the client. (Nobody would notice this probably except a tree guy.;))
Let us know how the website adds to your business. We have a contract climber we bring in once in a while and he said his website helped him out quite a bit. W all know you got to stand out from the pack! Best of luck and thanks for sharing!

Oh, and welcome to AS!

Personally, I find it very annoying how the pictures change on the home page. I never did read the whole thing cuz my eyes kept bouncing back up to the picture changing. I am sure that I have ADD so maybe that wouldnt bother most people.

Nice website! It looks professional for sure!

My .02

One of your banner photos wouldn't load all the way
And is it just me or are your rounds cut small and in different sizes?
Maybe the tree was just huge and you cut the bigger ones small so they would be easier to handle, we do that too. Otherwise we cut every round to 16" unless a different size is requested by the client. (Nobody would notice this probably except a tree guy.;))
Let us know how the website adds to your business. We have a contract climber we bring in once in a while and he said his website helped him out quite a bit. W all know you got to stand out from the pack! Best of luck and thanks for sharing!

Oh, and welcome to AS!

Rounds is smaller in the UK, we only have small fires.

That's a nice clean simple layout, looks slick and miles better than what most people crank out themselves. Better even than some paid sites. Add some content when you can, pics or vids. Try to get in on the whole facebook thing too, that seems to help a lot of guys out.

I bought a domain couple months ago and paid for some wordpress themes, but man they sure are hard to get exactly how you want them. You've got no real control over where you want the elements laid out, so for anyone considering going wordpress and buying a theme, make sure the layout is *exactly* how you want it. All you get to do is slot your pics/logo/word into the allocated space.

Did you use wordpress/buy the theme? Have you got a link to the tutorial video that showed you how to set it up?

Shaun

It's cause of the metric system, isn't it?

I am old enough to still use feet and inches, if i have to use metric i convert it from or to ' " , the fires are still small however you measure them.

My bosses house dates back to 1780 and is what we would call a large country house, well very large really, but even then the largest logs for the fire are 12" or if you must 300mm

Very nice! Keep pic #3, any HO that doesn't recognize what's going on there won't care. Very professional and no clutter, I like

Latest posts

Back