Who uses this log dolly Logrite any good??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treecare

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello been awhile so I can't believe I have Not found any discussion on this

Logrite® BTS Hauler 2-in-1 Log Handtruck/Cart with Wide Tires​

it is expensive but I don't mind if it is a good Piece of equipment.
I usually use this one but it broke After 6 years Sherrill pro grade log dolly. You know the real heavy duty green one.
Can anyone share some thoughts does anybody use logrite??
Thank you for your time good luck this year everybody.

I haven't used one but am also interested in hearing some feedback.
I was going to buy the Sherrill log dolly but ended up just getting the Harbor Freight dolly for $100 on the day I needed it over a decade ago. The biggest thing I like about the Sherrill dolly is how close you can get the log to the axle. Much like my Harbor Freight unit the Logrite, the load is several inches from the axle. Your post is reminding me I should really modify my to be like the Sherrill dolly as I had planned to do.
The dolly comes out rarely these days since I bought a mini and BMG.

If you do lots of this type of back yard work, the PaulHaul dolly looks sick!

I haven't used one but am also interested in hearing some feedback.
I was going to buy the Sherrill log dolly but ended up just getting the Harbor Freight dolly for $100 on the day I needed it over a decade ago. The biggest thing I like about the Sherrill dolly is how close you can get the log to the axle. Much like my Harbor Freight unit the Logrite, the load is several inches from the axle. Your post is reminding me I should really modify my to be like the Sherrill dolly as I had planned to do.
The dolly comes out rarely these days since I bought a mini and BMG.

If you do lots of this type of back yard work, the PaulHaul dolly looks sick!
Which mini do you have sir and attachments. Was that a game changer for you?

I used to have a sherrill log dolly... It actually fell off the back of one of my trucks on the highway. By the time my guy was able to get off the exit, go back, and try it find it it was gone!

But now I have a mini with grapples and it IS a game changer! You can work wonders with a mini and a good dump trailer.

A used, reasonably priced mini is hard to find these days. I think a new Dingo goes for around 35k plus attachments.

I have a Ditch Witch SK800 with bucket, forks and BMG grapple. I absolutely love it and feel it has been a game changer. It can do so much more than you would expect and fast.
Man I have been told by several people to get one. Did you buy new or used. Where is a good place to look.

I bought mine at the very beginning of Covid so the market has changed a bit. A contract climber I was using had bought one and told me he would bring it along for the day for free to convince me to buy one. I was on the phone with the dealer the next day. At the time there were a couple over-priced used SK800's on the market locally and a few reasonably priced Dingo TX1000's. I had planned to go try the Dingo as I liked the used price but I started off talking to the Ditch Witch dealer to understand new pricing ($28,500 at the time) as I already knew I really liked the Ditch Witch. The local Dealer is Jesco, turns out they have several locations and they had a branch down south that has a large Rental shop customer that constantly turned their inventory. They had just turned their inventory and I picked up one of the units for a very fair price but was ready to buy new if that hadn't come up. I've had zero issues with the unit.

I bought mine at the very beginning of Covid so the market has changed a bit. A contract climber I was using had bought one and told me he would bring it along for the day for free to convince me to buy one. I was on the phone with the dealer the next day. At the time there were a couple over-priced used SK800's on the market locally and a few reasonably priced Dingo TX1000's. I had planned to go try the Dingo as I liked the used price but I started off talking to the Ditch Witch dealer to understand new pricing ($28,500 at the time) as I already knew I really liked the Ditch Witch. The local Dealer is Jesco, turns out they have several locations and they had a branch down south that has a large Rental shop customer that constantly turned their inventory. They had just turned their inventory and I picked up one of the units for a very fair price but was ready to buy new if that hadn't come up. I've had zero issues with the unit.
Cucv.
Man that is amazing it wasa game changer for you. I am so stubborn and frugal but yiu are right just go get one and don't look back. Also I am sure it will save me on labor. Thank you for your perspective.

I cant comment on the dolly but Logrite hand tools i've used are top notch. Made in USA quality. Pickaroons, and peavy's. In fact, some of the Stihl tools are rebranded Logrite

Back