Who's waiting and for how long?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not late yet.............

I ordered a Shaver 165 from my local dealer. He ordered several furnaces and was given an Oct. 30 delivery date. I have a good feeling about my dealer as he seems like a decent guy, but it sounds like Shaver is starting to give him the run-around. Is anybody out there actually receiving their furnaces?? Hey Ben, are you running behind and if so, how far ? I will be pissed if I poured this slab to shavers dimensions and then have to switch to another brand of boiler!!!

:chainsaw:

Delivery dates

Thank-you for your comments Steve.

That is a good idea about posting a notice.

We actually sent an e-mail to all customers (that we had an e-mail address for) with June and July orders still pending, thoroughly explaining the situation, apologizing and explaining what we are doing to rectify things.

Much of that is posted above.

We asked dealers to forward that e-mail to their customers.

The home page message has changed and the end of Dec time is still valid because we have only taken less than one week worth of orders in a whole month, from dealers and individuals alike.

Please send me an e-mail and I will confirm your delivery date.

Best regards,

Ben

Lead times now?

Is there a good Shaver dealer within the Ann Arbor, Mi area?

Ben, How long are lead times if we ordered by the end of the month (Oct)?

Hi!

I don't know abut the end of October because we aren't there yet - but the end of Dec still looks good - however we need to keep in mind all the Holidays then! So it's safer to say the first week in Jan.

The closest dealer is South of Lansing: Steve Welch 517-930-5443

Our dealer list can be found linked from the first page of our website.

Best regards,

Ben

Last edited:
Glad you mentioned ash pans. Just what sort of device would you suggest to empty the pan ? I was dumb enough to expect an actual pan that simply slides out of the housing, empty it and slide the pan back in.. well it seems you have to get something that pulls the ashes from the back and then up an incline out to a bucket of your choosing to take it away. I can't even make my own pan because of the incline. I'd chuck that design like last weeks newspaper or at least modify it to some degree.
Really Ben, would it have been that big a deal to make a pan that slides out ? And the grates ( at least on the 165 ) arent that big so I see myself doing the same thing you say to look out for.. shoveling the ashes. There's no way to get ash from the back of the stove ( or the ash from the sides ) to the grates without something like a fireproof hoe or shovel to do it. The poker you provide with the stove, I assume, is to move the wood to the front of the stove or perhaps push wood back after loading.. Or perhaps to get clinkers
from clogging the grates ?
These and simple things like a water level and temperature gauge should be standards for the industry. When one is making an investment of thousands of dollars the consumer isnt to go balk at a modest increase so its similar to the competition.

If any of this doesnt make sense, please enlighten me. I'm always willing to learn.

:dizzy:

i just went and got my deposit back on my harman indoor wood boiler. i ordered it in june, and when i was giving the third delivery date of dec 30th, i started to look elsewhere. i figured they had given me three dates thus far, no reason why they wouldnt give me a fourth date, like just about the time i am putting away my winter clothes. at this point, i would say if you are not buying something that actually already exists, you wont see it for this coming heating season. i see no reason why anyone from the dealer to the manufacturer would actually give you the real date you would get your hands on thier product.

Hi!

Unbelievably, there is a dealer with two Shaver Furnaces in MN, if you're interested. They can be on a truck and to you in days!!

Best regards,

Ben

It's good to hear that at least Shaver is trying to fill their customers in on what is going on. I'm still waiting for my cozeburn and probably will for awhile yet.

Hats off to you Ben for keeping your customers informed!

RodneyG

My farmer neighbor is a fantatstic welder, I'm a designer by education and wood burner/seller by desire, and the wife is in OS&D, maybe I should start making these things and sell them on the trading post.

To Shaver:
Good for you, to try and keep your customers/dealers in the loop, but your president should have seen the writing on the wall and started growth adaptation by modernizing the infrastructure.
Your damaged freight by a carrier, all to familiar with that. Running your own trucks for delivery, great comeback, glad to hear you are back with a separate carrier, it must subtract from your profit to feel the need for metalic protection on your product.
I'll have the wife read this thread, see if she can offer any assistance to help your bottom line with shipping issues.

It's always nice to see a manufacturer take the time to post on a forum, and respond to posts, might just be the future of customer service.

I dont know if this post meets the site regs or not but you guys who dont think you are going to get a stove might want to check out the Hawken Energy dealer down the road from me. He has a semi load of stoves in stock from little ones to huge, also a used Wood Doctor, 1 year old. PM for a phone number, central Ohio. Sorry Mods if this post is taboo:buttkick:

Just got my woodmaster yesterday. My dealer said there was 10 days from when he ordered mine and the next set of boilers. He said it will be 10 weeks before he gets them.

I'm waiting on my woodmaster too. Ordered June 31, was told it would be here by mid august. I'm still waiting. But the dealer said the build date was 2 days ago. My fingers are crossed.

Glad to hear that you finally took delivery of your OWB:clap: Bet you'll be busy for a few days. Good luck with your install.

RodneyG

PM sent SHAVERFURNACE...... Thanks Ben!

Derwood,

Have you heard anything in response to your PM? I haven't received a direct response yet.

BTW, when did you place your order? My order was confirmed on August 1st and I also received an October 30th expected delivery date which, is suspect based on the email sent out to all pending customers this weekend, sounds like about 7 weeks too optimistic....

Steve

No response yet. To be honest I'm not sure when my order was placed. I found a dealer that ordered several furnaces at one time. When I called him the order was already placed and he stated that the stoves would be here at the end of October or beginning of November. My dealer seems honest. I met with him and his family at his home when I gave my deposit. Extremely nice people!! I called him recently to check the progress and ask about the larger door option that I didn't even know existed until I got on this forum.(he was unaware of the option also) Anyway... he said that he was having trouble getting through to an actual "living" person and was skeptical of the delivery date. Getting to this email that you mentioned......... My dealer did not send it to me and I know he has my email address because he emailed me the link to the install manual on-line. I'm not sure what to think. I can honestly believe that shaver is busier than expected. So I Wait........................

Do you have the original email update that Shaver sent out? Could you send it to me? [email protected]. Thanks Steve!

I really do enjoy this forum everyone. Very helpful!!!

- Derek

..unfortunately, the original email got flagged as spam and yahoo's mail system seems to have lost it after I read and re-flagged it. It never showed up in my Outlook inbox.... Maybe someone else who did receive it can forward it to you and to me.

Much of the email was what Ben posted here last week. A few additional details that I wish I could reread.

When was your order placed?

Steve

Last edited:
I put my deposit down on 8/24. I'm not sure when the actual order was placed. Does anybody out there have the actual email that Shaver sent out. How's about it Ben? You lurking about?

So many people are jumping on the wood heat bandwagon delays in production of stoves and heaters is/was inevitable.

Five years ago, I could get all the wood I wanted from local tree guys. Now they are all selling it. Most aren't doing firewood, but selling it to processors.

If I were a younger man, I'd wait a few years until the wannabes get tired of cutting, splitting and hauling wood. There's no way everyone is going to follow thru with this kind of commitment.
Look for big sales on used stoves in a couple of years along with big improvements the stove makers will have to make in order to meet government regulations.. they wont do it on their own the same as the car manufacturers screwed us with quality issues until recently.

:dizzy:

I'm still waiting for mine here. BUT, not because of a dealer, still waiting on that friggin check from the Natural Gas exploration company:censored: !!!!!

Back