Why a bow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the chain never touches the dirt, that's the point, or one of the points I'm trying to make, the toe on the bottom of the bow help keeps it out of the dirt, and yes, the log is being sawed in two.

Cool video. I've seen people discuss bow saws on here, but never understood their use.

The easy answer is so old guys don't have to bend over!

(oh no he diiiidn't....) :msp_ohmy:
LOL...

good video!

No the chain never touches the dirt, that's the point, or one of the points I'm trying to make, the toe on the bottom of the bow help keeps it out of the dirt, and yes, the log is being sawed in two.
thanks for the video! good to learn something new. never seen a bowsaw in person

Anyone who has never used a bow for cutting firewood on the ground is missing out. Ive got a bow on my 655, 4000, and my 3400. Sure beats the hell out of bending over for hours at a time. I wish someone would start manufacturing them again. There getting hard to find. Everyone says there dangerous, but so is a bar if not used properly. I can remember my dad running his 3400 with a bow for years and now ive been running a bow for maybe 5 years now, and ive never experienced a kickback like everyone says there famous for. Guess I'll knock on wood now.

Anyone who has never used a bow for cutting firewood on the ground is missing out. Ive got a bow on my 655, 4000, and my 3400. Sure beats the hell out of bending over for hours at a time. I wish someone would start manufacturing them again. There getting hard to find. Everyone says there dangerous, but so is a bar if not used properly. I can remember my dad running his 3400 with a bow for years and now ive been running a bow for maybe 5 years now, and ive never experienced a kickback like everyone says there famous for. Guess I'll knock on wood now.

There was a big lawsuit in the 80s over them. You can get a bow out of N.C. or somewhere but it's the narrower " brush bow" I'll try to find the site and post it.I still find them at junk stores and in garage sales. This was a big pulpwood community years ago and that's what pulpwooders used before the shears came along.

Latest posts

Back