Why are Stihls regarded as the "best"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You fella's need to widen your gaze.

As with saws, the best 22 rimfires come from Europe :laugh:

Yep...

I agree on the 77/22, but I like my Anschutz 1710 which is kinda like a Stihl, well engineered and price to match. And then theres my Winchester 52 sporter, which is kinda like a Mac. A good old affordable, dependable, American product.

Mmmm, Anschutz for tack driving accuracy and CZ/Brno for bunny hunting efficiency. :D

My 1913 Supermatch is an impressive piece of engineering. The action design will be 60 years old in 2014. I could only ever hope to shoot as well as it will.#

discip5.jpg

My IZH-35m(Russia/Eastern Europe) will shoot with the best of them.#

RS by zweitakt250, on Flickr

Last edited:

The Weatherby XXII wasn't European,

mmmmm well yes they are, they are a anschutz mod 64 match action in a wetherby stock and i can not believe they don't have it chamberd in .22mag but you can get it in .17 hmr

I was actually referring to the XXII automatic which was only initially made in Italy then the remainder of production was made in Japan.

You're correct, the bolt-action was fitted with an Anschutz barrelled action, though the stock is Weatherby. Pity that they chose a plastic knob for such a high-end rifle.

Last edited:
I think Stihl is the only chainsaw company that make's their own bar what I read and stihl makes good chainsaws!

The 10/22, Best 22 EVER made! The 22 pistols are nice too there revolvers are gr8 too! but thats where it stops for ruger with me, however I wouldn't have a problem owning the new 1911 either :rock:

Far from true, unless accuracy and quality is much better than 30 years ago.....:D

How come nobody mentioned Ryobi?

I mean talk about dealer support! There is a Lowes and a Home Depot in every town...

Stihls for me have been definitely better in the last 8 years.......Husqvarna for me has slipped in long term quality. Someone elses opinion might be entirely different. Thats ok.:msp_smile:

How come nobody mentioned Ryobi?

I mean talk about dealer support! There is a Lowes and a Home Depot in every town...

Lowes doesn't sell Ryobi do they? I have their cordless tools, but I didn't think you could get them there??? Or, are you referring to a rebranded Ryobi?

Winchester vs. Marlin?
unless we're talking pre-'64 here then that's easy, new Winchesters are pretty much peices of ####, Marlin actions are stronger and smoother

I hate safeties of any kind on a lever action, they're completely unneccesarry but the tang safety on the Win's is nicer in appearance that the Marlin crossbolt safety

Also, this hasn't come up yet but Kimber sucks ass, overpriced crap with piss-poor customer service (the old ones made in Oregon were a different story)

Finally! Its so nice to see smeone who isnt sucked in by the Kimber craze....whadda p.o.s 1911

Stihl is mostly about marketing, and selling crappy "homeowner" saws with useless add-on features - they forget to develop proper pro quality saws (or maybe they are not able to).

IMOHO Stihl is the best!who makes a better topping saw? Years ago I had all Huskys about 9 off them I thought they were the best because they cut so fast. The climbing saw was total junk the 262 blew up more times then I could count. the 272 held together pretty good. Then I got Stihls after that and I can tell you they are made a bit better they just hold up better. Stihls are more solid and dependable Huskys are lighter and faster is all.:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back