Why can't I say no?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RE. Firewood Police

As I stated, I am not being a wise- a--, but that doesn't make alot of sense. The higher off the ground, the better it will burn. One foot, means nothing to bugs or slugs. Distance from house, okay, but who ever heard of a woodpile catching fire FIRST! I am glad that I live where I live. I feel for you!
God Bless, and keep cutting wood! VT. Woodchuck

In Toledo it is a minimum of 18" off the ground, at my house I used to just stack 5-6 cords on my concrete patio but some neighbor got a burr up their ass and called the city and complained, now I have rusting pallet racking holding up my firewood.... it was pretty cheap too

Nice woodpile dude! Keep on collecting and taking pics. Where are u located in Iowa? South?
I hope you get a Dolmar 420. It is probably my most used and favorite of my dolmars. So light and fast. Not to mention it sips gas.

I live just north of the Quad Cities.

iowawoodcutter,

Didn't mean to hijack your thread:chainsaw:! You sure have been busy...especially since you hand split everything! What splitter do you use? Whatever it is it must work great, at least for you anyway. Sure looks nice and peaceful where you are...beautiful piece of property.

iowawoodcutter,

Didn't mean to hijack your thread:chainsaw:! You sure have been busy...especially since you hand split everything! What splitter do you use? Whatever it is it must work great, at least for you anyway. Sure looks nice and peaceful where you are...beautiful piece of property.

I have a monster maul, a maul, and a fiskars Home depot knockoff. Also have a 460 that I use on the big stuff that is stubborn. I do have access to a hydraulic splitter also, but dont use it very often. I enjoy the exercise, but was REALLY looking forward to taking a break for a year or two. I have a bad back, so splitting and especially stacking can be painful.

Splitting mostly red oak makes everything easy, white oak is a bit tougher, but still not too bad.

Latest posts

Back