why is a used Husky 394xp so cheap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DriveSprocket.. Congrats on the saws. Now, what would it take for you and I to switch living situations? :msp_biggrin: I miss your area.

OP, the saw you buy should match your needs.. At least until you're fully submerged in CAD. Having said that, what are your needs? What kind of timber do you cut, both species and diameter (a range would be nice)?

Yea I lived here all my life. There`s so much up here I don`t leave the area much. I feel bad because there is a lot to see in the lower 48. Even when I go on vacations most of the time it is local. As far as needs, it is better to be over powered than under powered. Most of the cutting I do you only need a 60cc saw.

around here 394's can be had in bundles of 3 for a case of beer. the shake blockers used them so they come beat to hell but most usually run. if you want a jewel, $300-$400 will get you one around here. one that got used for one cut then stored in a dark dry place where no UV rays can fade it. pull it out give it a quick wipe and you got a new looking saw. of coarse I have to many saws as it is so I can't go spending money on a duplicate :msp_unsure:

around here 394's can be had in bundles of 3 for a case of beer. the shake blockers used them so they come beat to hell but most usually run. if you want a jewel, $300-$400 will get you one around here. one that got used for one cut then stored in a dark dry place where no UV rays can fade it. pull it out give it a quick wipe and you got a new looking saw. of coarse I have to many saws as it is so I can't go spending money on a duplicate :msp_unsure:

We need to talk, my friend!!!:msp_w00t:

I do like my 394. It was $300 and I thought that was a real steal. I'd be looking for another one or two if I hadn't bought a couple 288s recently also. I know some people complain about the weight, but if you're cutting anything big enough to use a big saw, most of the time you're not holding all that much weight anyway as it's either got that weight pushing the bar into the cut (a good thing) or you're just manuevering the saw in a cut (felling).

Last edited:
Well I send ya 6 cases for one that was used once and stored in the dark! Plus ill throw in some mean green if ya can figure out how to get it past customs... My buddy Jean Pierre from ontario tried taking a few J's back home with him, customs got him. Sucks because I think he still cant travel back here to the states and that was years ago. yaya guy!

Back