why is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullbuck

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
why is it that every time someone is drug to death in a hate crime it is always with a"logging"chain?not a "towing"chain?"lifting chain"?or hell!just a plain "old chain!",this has always bothered me,its just not fair!but being demonized is something we have all grown accustomed to,dont want to get everyone fired up,just some of the cheap shirt"certain people"throw at us and our trade that i dont particularly appreciate!:mad:

Yep. Same a s using the word cowboy as an insult. To me that word is a compliment.
Last week our local paper had a lead article about a fatal vehicle crash, vehicle vs. pedestrian. The headline was "pedestrian killed by Hummer".

why is it that every time someone is drug to death in a hate crime it is always with a"logging"chain?not a "towing"chain?"lifting chain"?or hell!just a plain "old chain!",this has always bothered me,its just not fair!but being demonized is something we have all grown accustomed to,dont want to get everyone fired up,just some of the cheap shirt"certain people"throw at us and our trade that i dont particularly appreciate!:mad:

You are concerned over an adjective? When I hear logging chain, I think a heavy chain, not a logger pulling someone down the road. I think you are being a little over sensitive.

And if you hear someone being dragged to death, and get caught up on what the chain is called you might want to re-think the news story and find the important part.

Last edited:
Same reason nobody is ever beaten to death with a "mild steel bar" or "high carbon bright steel bar" and is always beaten to death with an "iron bar".

It sounds more earthy for the newspapers.

Person beaten to death with Nickel-Molybdenum 6312 ??
A 235-R16 low profile all season radial came off a car.....

You and me , and all who 1 are free individuals 2 make a living ,resource based 3 are Men 4 do not pander to the modern religion of the day , ie earth worship are in a battle that is undeclared . Kind of like boiling a frog ... The wiccan religion has nothing good . Is not what America was founded on , or Canada ,Austrailia, N. Z . But it will be the big reason you will have a harder and harder time making a living and being free ...... Thats why I am always real strong in my statement that the earth isn,t my mother .... Ain,t no such thing as mother nature ........... It is a very , very big point that everybody plays ostrich over ..

mainstream media"sensationalism"is i guess more of what was annoying me,what the media will do to get a story,that pedestrian probably wouldnt have made the paper if he would have been hit by a chevy pickup?not the same story,but a gas guzzling hummer?hense "sensationalism"nothing new, whatever makes a story i guess,been logging 15 years still cant pick witch one is the logging chain?they are all just chains to me...just a little ranting after a couple shots of tequila last night,thanks for the replies!

Yep. Same a s using the word cowboy as an insult. To me that word is a compliment.
Last week our local paper had a lead article about a fatal vehicle crash, vehicle vs. pedestrian. The headline was "pedestrian killed by Hummer".

WOW what a way to go!

Oh....... that other hummer.

You and me , and all who 1 are free individuals 2 make a living ,resource based 3 are Men 4 do not pander to the modern religion of the day , ie earth worship are in a battle that is undeclared . Kind of like boiling a frog ... The wiccan religion has nothing good . Is not what America was founded on , or Canada ,Austrailia, N. Z . But it will be the big reason you will have a harder and harder time making a living and being free ...... Thats why I am always real strong in my statement that the earth isn,t my mother .... Ain,t no such thing as mother nature ........... It is a very , very big point that everybody plays ostrich over ..

Huh?

picture.php

Back