Why is there no threads about the MS251?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no 251. If there was Saw Troll Would be talking smack about the weight, how the U.S. version would be a turd. However the version he can get delivered to his cave would lite weight and twicked.

Anser my post.

TROLL

Sorry, but your posts here is hard to read and understand - I have no idea what statement to respond to!

250 is a dang good saw. best selling saw by a huge margin around here. Power line crews run em with drill attachments and abuse the ever loving pee out of them and they just don't give up. Not fast, not pretty, but for some reason plenty durable and reliable.

Is Troll trying to increase his post count by bringing up Gibberish?

Give me a break! :deadhorse:

There are easier ways to do that, if that was my point! :monkey::notrolls2:

I found out about this model yesterday, and posted about it today - no hidden agenda!

Also, I have no opinion on it, as I don't know much about it!

Last edited:
250 is a dang good saw. best selling saw by a huge margin around here. Power line crews run em with drill attachments and abuse the ever loving pee out of them and they just don't give up. Not fast, not pretty, but for some reason plenty durable and reliable.

I'll agree on that! I've seen 250's that shouldn't be alive....somehow they keep on running. A very underated saw IMO.

Ed

Just cogitating on it a bit. The old 250 was within a whisker of the MS260 in power.

Stihl just unleashed the new strato MS261 and Snelling is already cutting cookies and modifying the thing. Looks like it will be significantly more energetic than the older 260.

The Strato 211 gets rave reviews as a micro grunt saw, and it's easy to figure the 251 will be a punched out 211.

So..if the trend holds, the new 251 might actually be a heck of homeowner saw. Maybe heavier and more chaos around the carb, but if done right like with the 250, it won't have to be messed with.

I just hope they bring the price of filters down...4 MS250 filters equals the cost of a Wild thingy on sale LOL!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'll agree on that! I've seen 250's that shouldn't be alive....somehow they keep on running. A very underated saw IMO.

Ed

Ours flipped off the Quad and got dragged in the mud, then run over by the empty trailer today.

Knocked the sand and mud off, and ran two tanks through it.
They stink when they cook off stagnant blueberry field mud...

One of these days, the thing will finally die.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

It does sound like it could be a great saw.

Wouldbe cool if they would make it a Pro model. :cheers: But either way, if it's built on a 211 frame, it would have to be great. Should have about the same power if not more than a stock 260 if the trend goes as it has so far with the new Stihls.

.... Wouldbe cool if they would make it a Pro model. :cheers: ....

I am sure that won't happen - even if it was on the 261 platform it wouldn't - there are a couple of other non-pro saws on that one already (271 and 291), and it would have been an overweight smallest one.

It is much more promising that it is on the 211 platform, as that probably will keep the weight down to a level that fits the cc!

It does sound like it could be a great saw.

Wouldbe cool if they would make it a Pro model. :cheers: But either way, if it's built on a 211 frame, it would have to be great. Should have about the same power if not more than a stock 260 if the trend goes as it has so far with the new Stihls.

I thought about that...
The thing is, ya can't go to mentioning that the crappy little 250 made only .1hp less than the uber holy grail 260 Pro, without certain folks climbing to the top branches and flinging poop whilst screeching.

If the 251 makes more steam than the 261, it's gonna get downright silly around here.:hmm3grin2orange:

But I can see it happening thanks to the crappy little 211 bieng such an Atom ant at smaller cubes.LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The thing is, ya can't go to mentioning that the crappy little 250 made only .1hp less than the uber holy grail 260 Pro, ....

That sounds like Euro 250 specs vs. US 260 ones - not really fair!

Also, the 250 family of saws always were crap imo, but that's another story!

Last edited:
That sounds like Euro 250 specs vs. US 260 ones - not really fair!

That's from the specs right on the Stihl price/info Tags in the shop!! LOL!!

I never paid attention to them untill I was waiting and bored one day, and that tidbit stood out like a Rat terd in a sugar bowl.

Fair?
Hardly. It's marketing, false or otherwise. Stihl has issues with accuracy or honesty, depending on the saw market segment they are promoting on volume..
From the 260's I have run it appears to be darn close to accurate when compared to the older 250's that weren't choked to death.

But it's water under the bridge.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

That's from the specs right on the Stihl price/info Tags in the shop!! LOL!!

I never paid attention to them untill I was waiting and bored one day, and that tidbit stood out like a Rat terd in a sugar bowl.

Fair?
Hardly. It's marketing, false or otherwise. Stihl has issues with accuracy or honesty, depending on the saw market segment they are promoting on volume..
From the 260's I have run it appears to be darn close to accurate when compared to the older 250's that weren't choked to death.

But it's water under the bridge.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Well, Stihl used to be truth-full about the weight of their pro saws until the MS441 was introduced - they lied that one down on weight, and "by coincidence" the 440 and 460 got heavier at the same time, according to the US web-site specs......

None of this was really bad, it just was signs of a change in attitude.

Latest posts

Back