Why no Echo clones?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just me wondering out loud while pricing some Echo chainsaw parts..The Chinese have cloned Stihl, Husqvarna, and even have their own brands now but wondering why no Echo clones? I notice the clutch covers are around $30 or so for a used Echo cover while considerably less for a Stihl knock of cover brand new. Any opinions?

Sorry, had to do it. I have no hate at all for any of the brands. Just had to mess with you a bit[emoji1787]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Cheap, unfinished plastic. My FIL ran and liked ECHO, ongoing Husqvarna/echo debate, all in jest. :crazy2:
Working with a lot of stuff from Japan like I do, I can definitely feel the influence when I handle one. I hadn't been impressed until I ran a 501 last month at the GTG. Fine saw.

Because it's going to cost the same to get an Echo clone into production as a Stihl. Problem is, the cost difference between an Echo and a clone isn't as big as a clone and a Stihl. Which means there's less of a market.

So, same cost, less market, less profit. Doesn't make sense to clone them.

Because it's going to cost the same to get an Echo clone into production as a Stihl. Problem is, the cost difference between an Echo and a clone isn't as big as a clone and a Stihl. Which means there's less of a market.

So, same cost, less market, less profit. Doesn't make sense to clone them.
Until you break your 490 and need parts...
Pretty sure Huztl sells a lot more parts than kits. But still, the volume for Echo had to be the real deciding factor.

Also, Echo is US only. (There are echo dealers in other regions, but not a lot, and since they ask Stihl prices I don't believe they get a real Echo backing).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Too much for junker than junk saws. :buttkick: Just kidding, run whatever makes a person happy and warm. But, Stihl saws are crap, that's because my step-brother runs them.

Because echo is already a knock off brand.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Kinda like cloning the clones...how low can you go?

Lol I kid obviously, make fun of all brands. But I think someone else already linked that it has been done

Latest posts

Back