Why no Echo clones?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money. People buy Chinese clones because they’re way cheaper than the real thing. I can get a new g660 for less than half the price of a used 066/660/661 and for about a fifth of a new MS661. That’s incentive enough for me to take a big gamble on a saw of dubious quality.

Echos aren’t priced that high to begin with so why buy a clone when you could get the real deal. Japanese vs Chinese quality is a no brainer.

Just yesterday I was showing a guy a pic of a model he likes of one that just got mailed to try and trade for two 361 projects that he has. I usually try and trade multiple projects for runners. I think the disorder may be getting worse:cool:.
I stopped acquiring saws more than 3 years ago, that did not stop them from just showing up, more than 30 now waiting to be looked over.

Because it's going to cost the same to get an Echo clone into production as a Stihl. Problem is, the cost difference between an Echo and a clone isn't as big as a clone and a Stihl. Which means there's less of a market.

So, same cost, less market, less profit. Doesn't make sense to clone them.
I couldn't agree more with this and it was the same thing I was going to say after reading the original post. I do wish Echo would come down on their parts prices some, like the rim and drum for converting the 590 $50/$60 is way to steep. I will be watching out for their 7310? I think is the model number they are planning to release, I would like to see how it stacks up against a 372xp/572/044/440.

I just went out to try to fire up the third saw and gave it a mighty tug and the rope broke in half so now I have another repair...

I feel like this is the story of my life. Did this the other day on my PM700. Somehow it unraveled in the handle and came through. Another one back on the table

I feel like this is the story of my life. Did this the other day on my PM700. Somehow it unraveled in the handle and came through. Another one back on the table
Join the crowd, I replaced the tank gasket on my PM700. Pressure tested good so I fueled it up and everything looked great with no leaks and the saw ran fine, went out and checked it today and the gasket failed:wtf:, back on the table it goes once I finish the SXL. :angry:

My saw kicked back a little or the rope probably wouldn't have broke. I put a small amount of fuel mix directly in the spark plug hole, sometimes they kick back a little when you do that..I guess it needed a new rope anyway, probably over 20 years old...

My saw kicked back a little or the rope probably wouldn't have broke. I put a small amount of fuel mix directly in the spark plug hole, sometimes they kick back a little when you do that..I guess it needed a new rope anyway, probably over 20 years old...

Yeh that’s how mine did me. It hit a high point in compression and didn’t wanna move

I will be watching out for their 7310? I think is the model number they are planning to release
I can imagine Dolkita having a problem with that.
Or maybe Echo bought the design from them. Then they won't mind that hard.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

De asemenea, Echo este doar pentru SUA. (Există dealeri echo în alte regiuni, dar nu mulți, iar din moment ce ei cer prețuri Stihl, nu cred că primesc un suport real Echo).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk
Desigur.
De exemplu, motoferăstrăile profesionale mari din SUA au sufixul „P” și sunt fabricate în Lake Zurich, Illinois, din componente care provin în principal din Japonia. Pentru Europa, au sufixul SX și sunt 100% fabricate în Japonia. Asta la 501.
Modelul 590 din State se numește CS590 Timber Wolf și este fabricat în Lake Zurich, Illinois. În Europa este CS590.
Diferența este că cele pentru eEuropa sunt cu 30% mai scumpe - majoritatea modelelor...

Because it's going to cost the same to get an Echo clone into production as a Stihl. Problem is, the cost difference between an Echo and a clone isn't as big as a clone and a Stihl. Which means there's less of a market.

So, same cost, less market, less profit. Doesn't make sense to clone them.
A certain Stihl model is $700.
The Echo equivalent is $650.
"Something is rotten in Denmark" - said Hamlet...
The USA produces Echo and China makes clones - between the People's Republic of China and the USA there is an economic war - there may be a protocol in favor of the Echo. As for the Republic of China...

Years ago while working in the woods I killed the motor on my big Chainsaw and as the engine died it sucked the rope back into the housing and broke the pull rope, NOW, out of habit I always pull a lot of rope out and hold the pull handle in one hand a foot or so away from the saw and then flip the kill switch off with the other hand. I've asked everyone who runs my saws to always do that. A few times a saw has sucked the rope back and i've actually hurt my hand BUT so far i'v never broke another pull rope since. OF course when a rops gets old and frayed it's replaced as a part of maintenance.

Latest posts

Back