Why No Manufacturers Of Gasoline Circular Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently acquired a homey circ saw just like Mr Bowsaw's at a scrap dealer I know . Has good compression too , it's on the list to get running . not ready to sell it yet . They are out there , sometimes lucky is better than good !

Gentlemen,

Turtle, yep saw that one this morning. I just about died. $620 is a bit of change for sure, but hey, I paid $850 for my Husky 3120. A saw like that will last a while, I surely would never sell it if I bought it.

Mr. Bowsaw, that hurts my friend. Very nice saws though. I saw a Craftsman like that a couple years ago on the 'Bay.

I will just have to keep my eyeballs peeled.

:bowdown: Mr. Bow Saw, is there anything chainsaw related that you don't own?

I have a few of them but not all.:)

Gentlemen,

Turtle, yep saw that one this morning. I just about died. $620 is a bit of change for sure, but hey, I paid $850 for my Husky 3120. A saw like that will last a while, I surely would never sell it if I bought it.

Mr. Bowsaw, that hurts my friend. Very nice saws though. I saw a Craftsman like that a couple years ago on the 'Bay.

I will just have to keep my eyeballs peeled.

Thanks
You will find one, it took a few years for me to get the ones I have.
I saw them selling five years ago for about $250. and I thought that was
high back then.

They do have em in production, can't tell ya who makes it I always called it the K-Saw, most fire departments have them unless they've switched to the Jaws, they're used for venting roofs and extrication work on cars. I want to say our dept has one made by Stihl but can't say for sure, next time we use it I'll take a look at the details.

10ba7987.jpg

ba057b86.jpg

I picked this one up out of a shop, sold it on eBay, major profit margin, I'll tell you that.

Chris
We have lots of these type of saws over here,not designed to cut wood at all,concrete and metal,i doubt you'd ever be able to handle it with a wood saw blade fitted,TS400 stihl most common,i presume ye also have them in US(never seen petrol powered hand held circular saw here though )

IMG_3758.JPG Hi,
I would like to share my information, pictures and video, of a Homelite Gas Powered Circular Saw in operation.

There isn't much information available on these rare saw.

PM me for video or any information, that you would like to know.

It will be going up for sale.

Clearing out years of collections

There will be tools and other equipment going up for sale.

Thank you

Saw that Cooper- Stihl after seeing yours on Craigslist. Love the design of Homelites, got bitten by the bug! I check it every couple days to see what pops up.

Hope yours sells, saw one recently for $1,000.

Back