Wich saw ??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchuck660

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello
Would just like some oppinions. My decision is between the MS192T or the MS200t. I can get both for about the same money on e-bay, the 192 being new and the 200 being used and in very good condition. Is the 200 that much better of a saw that you guys would buy it used instead of the new 192?
I know new the 200T is 500 to 600$.
Thanks Steve

I agree with TreeMd. The 192T is almost a homeowner saw compared to the 200T. What's your intended use? For occasional limbing the new out of the box 192T will probably last forever. For everyday professional use the 200T would be a better choice. There's always the unknown factor when buying something used. Not to mention the lack of warranty.

I agree with TreeMd. The 192T is almost a homeowner saw compared to the 200T. What's your intended use? For occasional limbing the new out of the box 192T will probably last forever. For everyday professional use the 200T would be a better choice. There's always the unknown factor when buying something used. Not to mention the lack of warranty.

Best answer you are going to get!:cheers:

New 192 = to a 1 year old 200T

I have 3 200T and one 192.
I prefer to use the 200T but for the money for a new saw, the 192 I prefer, that way if something happens to it, it isn't such a loss.
For me a 192 last about a year without any problems useing it full time. Almost double for a 200T.
I think they should make a saw to work longer without problems especially starting.
Like a fuel injected saw. Wouldn't that be cool.

The 200 has a lot more power, plus a bigger fuel tank. The 192 is a good, lite, little saw, but when you need to make quick cuts, especially thru fat wood, you'll wish you had the 200. Also the 192 has a really small fuel tank which really sucks if your working alone and have to come down just for fuel.

thanx guys

Thankx guys for all the info. I am yet undecided, but im leaning toward the 200T. I only cut wood, but i cut a lot of it all winter long and sell it. I need a dependable saw that can take a lot of use, and i like the idea of having a lorger tank and having the power to cut larger wood.
I knock them down and cut as much as possible with the small saw then go to my MS361(20in bar) for the rest unless the tree is really big then i use the MS660(32in bar). Because i do get into 48"+ wood quite often and it does a good job for me. ( ported and muffler modded 660)
I am currently using a homelite super2 for the small stuff. Works ok but i would like a lighter saw that is balanced better.
I think these three saws i have chosen will work well together!
What do you think?
Thanks Steve

Although I wouldn't recommend a 200T as a ground saw, if the 200 is what you want go with a rear handle 200, safer in my opinion, but I am curious why you wouldn't want to run your 361 for smaller stuff, ya it's a bit heavier, but has a lot more grunt, and I think running a 200 on firewood would cook it pretty quick.

Have you thought about an MS 260 as a smaller saw, I've run mine at work for 2 years with zero issues, this is based on 50 hr work weeks as well.

Ya i was wondering if a 200 would stand up to the constant use of ground cutting. I think i will look into a small rear handle pro saw. Research time!
Thanks
Steve

I bought a 200t on Ebay once.

Hello
Would just like some oppinions. My decision is between the MS192T or the MS200t. I can get both for about the same money on e-bay, the 192 being new and the 200 being used and in very good condition. Is the 200 that much better of a saw that you guys would buy it used instead of the new 192?
I know new the 200T is 500 to 600$.
Thanks Steve

Luckily I know a Stihl mechanic who bartered out some climbing with me.

If not it would have cost me more than buying a brand new one when all was said and done.

I will never buy another USED 200t.

I have 2 192t's and they are really good saws. If you take care of them they will run forever. That being said, they are only good for their intended use and they will never match the power of a 200. I use these saws for limbing and topping and also cutting up tops on the ground and they are great. I use my 270 for a ground saw and it gets the job done very well.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back