Wickedworksaw...terry landrum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive called at least 6 times over last week and sent an email last Friday. Yes not alot of time for a response but I learned the business phone is disconnected and found complaint of the same problem. His personal phone rings but no anwser.

All I asked local pd was to see if this is still a functioning business.

I had Terry port a saw a few years ago, communication was terrible. Had a very hard time getting in touch, wouldnt answer messages on here, emails, Facebook or the phone.

I've had a another saw done up since by Miller Mod Saw, awesome communication. Heck he even sent me a video of cutting wood with my saw while he dialed it in!

Do you have the current number? I've tried the one on his website and the one he has listed on google

Calling the man a thief over a communication problem while he's still working to get caught up is a low blow no matter how you twist it. He clearly stated up to 6 weeks or longer depending on work load.
Send a certified letter.. if he signs for it and still doesn't contact you then you know you have a problem.

You're paying for a saw, not a best friend.

Nobody said he wants to be best friends. If he paid money and wants to know the status of his saw he should get it.

Right, calling him a thief might be wrong but so is the lack of communication. And i don’t think he’s a thief

It's been almost two months the guy has had the OP's money, and not delivered anything in return. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a 2-minute callback.

Agree.

I understand being busy, but it doesn't take but 15-20 secs to fire off a quick email... or a few mins to call... and can be doing work at the same time.

I hold myself to replying to emails, voicemails, etc no later than 48hrs. Heck I've called people back before an hr or two after they called and they "went elsewhere cause I took too long"!

In the case of a saw....

I'd expect a messages like....

"Got your saw, it's in line, likely be 3-4 weeks"
"Started on your saw today, should be ready in a few days"
"Saw shipped out, tracking #vxrh64"

One of the last things a customer should have to do is basically chase down info from a business they are waiting on! Common sense business 101!

Bad business practices help no one. A message at the end of the phone that reminded callers that although we can’t get to the phone, we are still in business/busy/saw is in progress/about to be.

Any builder that pumps out a lot of saws will have a negative here or there in their history. Just how it goes, and the negatives mean more than many many more positive reviews.

Terry has been known to be a trusted fellow who does good work, but IIRC, also someone who answered a query a while back with an exposé of the many health issues he’s been having.

If there’s a huge delay or there’s a business problem, why not take no money till the job is done? If you don’t get paid, keep the saw.

As for the OP, I can’t blame him for being a bit nervous. He didn’t come here to complain and perhaps he jumped the gun a bit. But if I heard nothing for 2 months and called a disconnected number and didn’t even get a canned email “your saw is in progress” returned email, I’d be a bit nervous as well. He just asked if anyone’s heard from him and if all was OK. He was honest that he got anxious and contacted PayPal and local authorities just to find out if the business had been closed.

These are the dog days for Power Equipment shops. They are all dying from the broken landscaping equipment. My bet is that Terry is just swamped.

Back