Wide Spread Locust, Any guesses?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
She was big and wide! Not how I like my trees or my women! Beautiful tree but guy said " Not for this backyard" She met her fate after 6 and half hours of roping. But some would of had it on the ground in half the time Right?. Anyways, any guesses on the width? Hard to tell from the pic's but...

I am having some problems with the pic's

Last edited:
I can't get the pics. Maybe try uploading the pictures directly instead of as .zip files?

Finally got them up! 007 would have been a great pic but some people can't do anything right. I guestamate would be 80 or 90 foot.Any guesses? Any at tall or wide?

Last edited:
nice! lotta rigging options out of that tree.

i'm saying 70ish tall and 60ish wide.

6 and a half all done and you were walking away? nice effort.

nice! lotta rigging options out of that tree.

i'm saying 70ish tall and 60ish wide.

6 and a half all done and you were walking away? nice effort.

I thought alittle wider than tall but... Lot of the branches were real skinny up there and the wide structure of the tree, I had to watch for huge swing. She was a chore for sure, or wait did i spell that wrong... Oh well

how much bro?

I thought alittle wider than tall but... Lot of the branches were real skinny up there and the wide structure of the tree, I had to watch for huge swing. She was a chore for sure, or wait did i spell that wrong... Oh well

my guess is $1075 and you left the wood??

Left the wood, correct. 1075, not quite. The tree was worth more than that. If something goes to pot, what then. Don't bother with the nasties if their not worth it.

hard to tell from the pic. like someone else said looks like lots of rigging options and if you were in and out in 6.5 hours how much more should you charge? didn't look that nasty either.

hard to tell from the pic. like someone else said looks like lots of rigging options and if you were in and out in 6.5 hours how much more should you charge? didn't look that nasty either.

The pic's don't show that almost everything had to be roped off except butt and two limbs. 2.5 foot limb over fence and over neighbours garage. But you can't see that from the pic's.. I got my pocket sandwich of brownies and nothing got destroyed. The guy was amazed with the job and that's what counts too. The pic's really does not show the size and tight area to put the debris. The last of the pic's show how I roll... The bigger the badder, the better.

I've done ones like that around here for around $2500-3500 3 person crew=usually done 6-8 hours.:rockn: Good job by the way Ricky

overcharging people? how do you sleep at night?

Just to cliarify did you use a bucket or climb? Either way good job and pertty cheap. My area that would be in the $2500 range...

I climb everything. And ya it was a good price. I've done trees with less work for more money. The owner even said to me that I wasn't the cheapest price but he decided to go with me anyways. He said "you seemed like a stand up guy". I must not have been slouching that day. Times are tough out there and you have to put your best price forward or you don't get the job. Hey Deevo, what kind of equipment are you using to get $400+ per hour?

Last edited:
I climb everything. And ya it was a good price. I've done trees with less work for more money. The owner even said to me that I wasn't the cheapest price but he decided to go with me anyways. He said "you seemed like a stand up guy". I must not have been slouching that day. Times are tough out there and you have to put your best price forward or you don't get the job. Hey Deevo, what kind of equipment are you using to get $400+ per hour?

Always good to get that kind of feedback from a customer. What are you doin with the brush these days and does Walt still come in with the equipment when you need him?

Are you finding that everyone's (other companies) prices have dropped down there? This year is the first time I've ever had three customers in 1 day show me their other bids without me ever asking. I would never ask to see bid, but it happens. And a lot more this year. A lot of the time I can't even match the lowest bid so I just give my Quote, do my speel on WSIB and Liability, along with the certified and experienced staff and then I'm on my way.

Always good to get that kind of feedback from a customer. What are you doin with the brush these days and does Walt still come in with the equipment when you need him?

Are you finding that everyone's (other companies) prices have dropped down there? This year is the first time I've ever had three customers in 1 day show me their other bids without me ever asking. I would never ask to see bid, but it happens. And a lot more this year. A lot of the time I can't even match the lowest bid so I just give my Quote, do my speel on WSIB and Liability, along with the certified and experienced staff and then I'm on my way.

What's WSIB?

JOKIN! Hey It's kinda rough these days! I have been steady but alot of contractors and word of mouth calls. Networking!! But as far as hourly rate goes, its pretty much dropped in half. Beating written quotes has not worked for me. They just go with the other guy, besides I don't think it is worth it. They want the cheaper price let them get the cheaper service.

I sent you a pm Ricky with my answer, yeah the economy around here is still really good and people are paying normal rates, I haven't lowered any of my prices either. no slowdown whatsoever! I've got every job I've bid on so far this year as well. People are coming up to their cottages and seeing all the damage from last Novembers storm and I know most of the companies up here are going at a steady pace!:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back