Wide tip STIHL Bars no more???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
I need to call my dealer and see what he knows about those tips. I guess I'll need an extra for each bar. Milling shouldn't be too bad on them really.

MustangMike
Windthrown, thanks again for some excellent information. I hope you are wrong about the future of yellow chain, I can live with the green bars (but it is silly not to provide them to the professionals who want them). My Homelite saw came with a safety tip on it, and that was years before I got my 044 in 93. The first thing I did was remove that safety tip, never used it once.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
You are welcome. As for the yellow chain going away, it just seems to be the trend.

As for wide nose bars, I have several and I like cutting with them. Back some years ago on this site I recommended using them, and HolmanTrees "I have cut down over 1 million trees" jumped all over Tzed250 and I for saying they were fine. Holier-than-thouTrees claimed that they are dangerous, and in his falling days he would have been sent home for using one. We got into a flame war over it. He did not know when to stop, and he sent Tzed250 PM threats and that got him permanently banned from this site.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Lol that bald clown that's over on FF? Making threats lol

Yah, that bald clown. Perfect description. He is there and on TH. He popped up on TW when he was banned here and I told him point blank there if he showed up on my porch threatening mayhem and bodily injury (as he was) that I would send his ass back to Canada in a pine box. Gary had gotten into it with him previously here over his million tree falling claim. I did the math and that is over 50 trees an hour for 10 years straight, 40 hours a week. Almost a tree a minute. Amazing! As in, it is not physically possible. But he persists and insists that he did it. Even thinning small stuff I could not fall a tree a minute and keep the chain sharp and gas in the saws.

Latest posts