Wife saddle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Industry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
catchy title, no? here's the real question though. My wife wants to try climbing, and I am looking for suggestions on a saddle for her. I use a Pinnacle with a bosun seat. not sure If I should get her one with the individual leg straps, or a bosun. At first it will be used mostly for rec. climbing, but she seems to like the option of learning to work in it as well. she's aprox. a size 12 womens, and 4'11" tall. Thanks guys.

Hi, I'm a female climber...

I would recommend a leg strap harness, it's easier to move in, I think. You can sit on branches comfortably, don't have to wiggle the seat around, but then I have never used a bosun seat type harness.
I use a Komet Butterfly, very comfy, size small, I'm 5'4", size 4/6. There was another thread not long ago with the same topic, the guy got a New Tribe for his wife I believe. You might try searching for that thread and PM him.
Good on you both, have fun!!!:cheers:

I had a lady climber who worked for me a few years back...She did not have any climbing gear,so after I established that she was really a climber and not a fake,not because she was a lady,but because about once a year I get one or two who claim they are climbers,but they were actually just yanking my chain to get a job.....I don't know your wife's physical size,but she was 5'3,small framed and around 110 pounds...Of all the saddles they had at Sherrill...She liked the pinacle the best...Even though a small would easily fit her,she prefered a medium size so it wouldn't be a squeeze...She was a very good climber,she had been taught very well by someone...Good enough that when she decided to re-join the military,I decided to let her keep that saddle in case she ever wanted to do side work or something.

Back