Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

This one is a bit faded/molded but still a Electrolux :D

It will be no competition anyway, It's a royal POS. Might get to compete if only one cut is allowed.lol cause it won't start back up after that.
SS I have the same saw in green, picked it up used about 15 years ago.Its been my practice saw and has come a long way.I put a piston in it about 18 mos ago,widened the ex port out too the ledge where the insert was or about .120,took .015 of the intake side of the piston and put a larger wt529 carb on it. I also changed the spur for a rim drive with a 7 pin and a 16" timber champ bar.The 21lp chain is filed square.The really ####ty top a/v spring has been beefed up and a real tank vent has been installed.
All this has just been for fun and learning but I do seem to get some work done with it once in a while.

This may be a very stupid idea, but I think it would be entertaining. It's garage sale season in most areas now. I see a constant supply of Wildthings anywhere from $5 to $20. For future GTG's would anybody be willing to race them. I say they should be all the same cc (not sure if they are), and that's it. Anything else goes.... pipes, porting etc. I know with it being a clam, it's limited. Perfect time to experiment. If it fails... no loss. I'm sure some of you may think I'm a moron for this.... and you may be right! :buttkick:I just think it would entertaining if a bunch of us got together and raced these turds. Anybody interested?? :)

I like this idea allot.:clap:

I think we should just have a cheap class under 40cc.

We could even do something like postal match racing, using videos. It would all be in good fun and honour system racing of course. We could have a standard of say, three 2x4's stacked up. If everyone used dry clean lumber it would be a pretty close comparison. Then we could compare cheapo saws and mods all over the world

We could even do something like postal match racing, using videos. It would all be in good fun and honour system racing of course. We could have a standard of say, three 2x4's stacked up. If everyone used dry clean lumber it would be a pretty close comparison. Then we could compare cheapo saws and mods all over the world

i like the idea of using 2x4's. they'll be closer than any dried trees a person can find out in the woods.:)

Hhhmmmm, maybe I see a flaw here....

OH!

I haven't lost yet!!!

You've got to get than NON- Poulan hunk of junk started first!:greenchainsaw:

Mike

Don't you worry about that, I keep a tow chain in the truck, I can pull start that saw if I have to.

Ya know, when dad was racing that old J/S Plymouth Valiant he always said "it ain't cheating till ya get caught". Mark, you have been caught.

:hmm3grin2orange::ices_rofl::givebeer:

Bunch of blabber mouths around here. :hmm3grin2orange:

Well it didn't take long. I found a WT on CL for $20.00 it even has a case.:clap: So far it looks like I should have it running in a few days. The piston and cylinder look almost new, it has good spark. All it really needs is fuel lines, which I already have, I'll also put a carb kit in it.

Not bad for $20.00 that's about all I'd ever pay for one.:)

attachment.php

I guess its on....:cheers: I had one w/case givin to me today from a friend. I haven't checked it out yet... but you can smell the varnish.:dizzy: I will post some pics tomorrow. :D

Well it didn't take long. I found a WT on CL for $20.00 it even has a case.:clap: So far it looks like I should have it running in a few days. The piston and cylinder look almost new, it has good spark. All it really needs is fuel lines, which I already have, I'll also put a carb kit in it.

Not bad for $20.00 that's about all I'd ever pay for one.:)

attachment.php

Andy, that looks like its built alot like a MS290 cept it has a better choke setup with better fuel and oil caps. LOL :)

Well guys I've been out in the shop porting a wild thang, (I still can't believe I'm doing this) The exhaust is easy to open up, but there's not a lot of meat in the intake tunnel. The plastic intake block can be port matched to the jug easy enough. I think it will flow fairly well. I don't see much help for the transfers, the bearings and seals block the bottom of the ports.

I think that quote will end up in the WTF thread..... LOL I still haven't looked at mine yet. I have it hid, incase someone stops by, its not in plain view. :)

The one I have was hid so well I forgot about having it till this thread showed up. It's in surprisingly good shape for it's age and cosmetic condition.

I am in....... please dont make it exclusive to wild things this little homlight would fit right in. this is an old pic i have since shortened up the pipe and fully welded it up..

This thing sure is slow but it is so :censored:ing loud.

the best part everythng you see was free including saw.

DSC02521-1.jpg

Back