Will It Happen Someday???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Dolmar ever get a a good dealer network going???

• Definitely !!! Stihl and Husky will be crying.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Maybe if they work at it.

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters
Just Mow said:
View attachment 39969166,
Thought you might want to see what a real dealership looked like.
Everything is always bigger in Texas.
And by the way there are a lot more in the back.:cheers:

There are only about 4 more chainsaws in that picture than I have;)
I can't see their string trimmers, I had more backpack blowers on display this fall. They do stock a lot of handheld blowers though.

Also i'm in the middle of Cow Country, not in Austin TX:laugh:

Steve

I hope they do something. I own seven Stihl saws and three Dolmars. I would prefer the ratio was reverse because, I really do like the product. Unfortunately, I've attempted to contact the local dealers, the distributor and Dolmar direct with my issues. Not one response. Arien supremacy perhaps? I now order them through the Internet.
Jay

I sure hope they get it done. I love my Dolmar's. When I get some time I am going to have Sawinredneck up to my place to give him some Hackberry, when he does, he is going to get to play with my Dolmars, he better sell some of the wood I give him because he will adding a couple of new saws to his wish list.

Jim

Dolmars ....

.....................................yeah, I heard their alright if ya cant afford a Stihl. :hmm3grin2orange:

Ekka said:
Dolmars ....

.....................................yeah, I heard their alright if ya cant afford a Stihl. :hmm3grin2orange:

You hit that nail on the head:rock:

Mike Maas said:
Look at the poll results if you want entertainment.
Yes, I'm just an ignorant consumer of saws. What need is there to entice me?

Sending it's dealers to a commercial saw user site, to insult them, doesn't seem like Dolmar's best idea yet. But hey, I'm just a potential customer...NOT!

Just more evidence that you really don't get it, Mike. For the record, my vote was cast with the majority in the poll. The Maybe category. Customer service was for the most part worse with Makita involved as they very often were sold in stores that had no service what so ever. How was that good for the end user? It's OK to be a Makita fan, I've got some of their stuff myself. But they were a bit out of their element with the chainsaws.

And of course, I was not "sent" by Dolmar or anyone else to insult you. It's just that you have a very limited understanding of what is happening here, and have drawn some erroneous conclusions.

hey,166 your shop looks great I bet you run a top notch operation,Dolmar needs dealers like you.
the local dealer makes or breaks a brand,keep up the great work.
the stihl dealers around me all have high and mighty attitudes,that sent me right to the little Dolmar guy the next town over,best guy I have ever dealt with,thanks for the push stihl.

Even though I think in my area Dolmar will most likely not get enough momentum and good dealers, I really hope they do succeed.

I think Dolmar (e.g. the 7900) is going to be really good for every saw buyer. It will force both Stihl and Husky to keep pushing, as only direct competition will convince the big two they need to keep doing better. Kind of like the US auto manufacturors in the past.

I know for some it's more fun to bash Dolmar, but once I ran a 7900 I agreed with those that felt Dolmar is onto something. A strong smooth motor with an even powerband in a fairly light package. I say it could provide extra motivation to the big two to push even harder than they are (and I know they are trying) with their R and D. In the end all new saws will be better for it.

Typically engineers are not free to build the best product they are able to. It takes a motivation to high level management (who in truth know the least about what the real issues are) to allow full potential of a product to be developed. Development costs money and time, and management needs to be convinced to spend those.

Last edited:
Does the 7900 meet the 2007 70cc class EPA regs, or are they going to have to mess with it? The 440 and 372 will be gone, so why not the 7900? It would seem to me that Dolmar doesn't have a lot of EPA credits from smaller compliant machines to offset the likes of the 7900, but I don't really know..

Lakeside53 said:
Does the 7900 meet the 2007 70cc class EPA regs, or are they going to have to mess with it? The 440 and 372 will be gone, so why not the 7900? It would seem to me that Dolmar doesn't have a lot of EPA credits from smaller compliant machines to offset the likes of the 7900, but I don't really know..

That is an excellent question and one that I wondered about. I am eyeballing the 441 and 390 as possible additions to my quiver, but opted to try a 7900 now in the event the 7900 goes away in it's current form. And to allow time for the 441 and 390 to work out any kinks.

Don't know if it correlates to emmissions, but my 7900 is pretty thirsty for unit work (fun though).

Maybe Dolmar is hoping to save the day with the new stratos and 4 strokes it is working on.

spike60 said:
Just more evidence that you really don't get it, Mike. For the record, my vote was cast with the majority in the poll. The Maybe category. Customer service was for the most part worse with Makita involved as they very often were sold in stores that had no service what so ever. How was that good for the end user? It's OK to be a Makita fan, I've got some of their stuff myself. But they were a bit out of their element with the chainsaws.

And of course, I was not "sent" by Dolmar or anyone else to insult you. It's just that you have a very limited understanding of what is happening here, and have drawn some erroneous conclusions.
So explain it to me.
As I see it now, I can go to my local Makita USA dealer and get parts and service for my Dolmar, but under the new plan, I won't be able to.

sachs

A little history in my area. Had a Sachs dealer in the 70's and 80's. Did a fair job, but retired.
Had a Dolmar dealer in the last 6 years. Tried to undersell everybody, sold a fai.r amount of saws a closed up shop. The pro guys put the Dolmars on the shelf as they broke, and mostly came back for a Stihl.

7900 seemed OK, but a 9100 was very disappointing. Mufflers seemed to be the biggest problem.

Stihltech,
Perhaps you are correct with your experience with the PS-9010. However, I have had a dissimilar experience with mine built by Dave Neiger. It is most likely the tightest tolerance saw you've ever met. 10 tanks out of twenty that Dave recommends, to break it in, it is still improving.I'm truly a Stihl guy however, my particular 9010 will run a 066/660 any day.
Jay

Mike Maas said:
So explain it to me.
As I see it now, I can go to my local Makita USA dealer and get parts and service for my Dolmar, but under the new plan, I won't be able to.
Mike,

Makita dealers are not going to be cut off on their parts and will still be able to service product. As I mentioned in the earlier post, the majority of places selling Makita didn't work on the saws. That was certainly a service issue that needed to be corrected. Not only did that service problem exist, but very often the saws wound up in a store that really wasn't in the power equipment business, so sales more or less went knowhere. Under the old plan, they were splitting their energy and competing with each other and the result was that neither brand prospered. Many times the Makita reps took the easy road and called on Dolmar dealers offering better deals on the blue stuff. In a word, the whole thing was a "cluster". Like I said, saws just weren't a good fit for Makita and the distribution channel that they are familiar with.

Latest posts

Back