Will my splitter bust this round?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the splitter do it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If not, you need to build/buy something better. Any decent splitter would eat that up.

I'd have that busted up with my Fiskars in 30 seconds. Maybe a couple minutes with the splitter. If your's wont do it then it sounds like a cry for help.

if it doesn't, then i'd redesign that wedge by adding 1 1/2" angle plates to the end of it to help open the split.

the way you have it is like a knife and nothing to really open the wood up.

just my opinion.

I've split bigger with a 20 ton husky. If your splitter has trouble with it, i wold be in the market for another.

That looks pretty straight grained. I'm pretty confident that my Ryobi 4 ton electric splitter could handle it. Here's a video I made of my Ryobi splitter in action.

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/191891.htm

Don <><

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have a little bitty Didier 20 with a 19 inch stroke rated at probably 8 tons and I have split a lot bigger hedge and oak with it. I bought this little splitter when I lived in town and I would not hesitate to split that round with it, assuming it is short enough to fit.

I also have a 27 ton splitter for longer pieces and know it would get that done.

I decided to vote no, just because.

Hey, I bought a mega-millions ticket last Friday at much worse odds, and this is free!

Plus, how do I know if it has gas in it or if the hoses are ka-put?

I don't know where you live or what size trees you have, but that round really is not that big, man I thought I was gonna be shocked or something, c'mon man.

up yers'...cuz' I think the tire on your other trailer is flat, and you're just clamping the rounds with the ram to haul em' over to that fancy smokehouse with the shiny chimney :tongue2:

I think you can do it. If you split off center like that, she'll go through that like a hot knife in butter. Even if it was 3 yrs. old, I know mine would split that thing like nothing. I've did Elm just as big a few years back. It had to kick in and grunt but she spilt it.

Crank that puppy up.. :msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back