Will the MS880 fit in the Stihl orange case?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McCartman said:
No offense intended, TimberPig, but if'n he made a case out of wood, he'd have to put a 3/4 ton pickup axle under it and a hitch on the front to move it around! I just stopped at my local Stihl dealer today to pick up some stuff and he's got a slightly used MS880 on the shelf. I picked it up just to look it over and couldn't wait to set it back down! DANG if that ain't a big, heavy beast!!

I asked the salesman what the deal was with it - there is absolutely no need for a saw that size in western WI!! Some fella came in, bought it (special ordered), and brought it back two days later wanting to "return" it. Dealer said no way, it's yours! They are just displaying it and trying to find a buyer for it.

Yes they are a big heavy saw. Thats what comes with buying a saw that size. there is a reason why they aren't as common as smaller saws, cause they are workout to use, and other than milling or running very long bars, are not often needed.

I was thinking more of a case built out of plywood, not big timbers. He could always have it for storage at home, and just have a scabbard to protect the bar when he takes it out for use.

MichelleB said:
I know my guy. He's like a walking Stihl advertisement. He's usually got big ORANGE Stihl written across his back on his tshirts, he's got the jackets, hat, pants, shoes, sun glasses, he even bought a toy chainsaw for our baby (Stihl also). He wore a Stihl tshirt to my company xmas dinner lol!

But does he have any of this stuff?- :laugh:

Hey Dean, do you know this Michelle babe? She's from Princeton also and you seem to be a big Stihl fan. Might you be the lucky 880 recipient?

BTW, this thread is worthless without pics! :blob2:

skwerl said:
Hey Dean, do you know this Michelle babe? She's from Princeton also and you seem to be a big Stihl fan. Might you be the lucky 880 recipient?

BTW, this thread is worthless without pics! :blob2:

Hey Skwerl, you might be right. Let's see.. MichelleB and DeanBrown...last name begins with the same letter...they both live in Princeton, and if you look in Deans bio he says he has a daughter..this is confirmed by one of Michelle's posts above. Maybe Dean is the lucky recipient of the 880.

Tom

v8titan said:
Hey Skwerl, you might be right. Let's see.. MichelleB and DeanBrown...last name begins with the same letter...they both live in Princeton, and if you look in Deans bio he says he has a daughter..this is confirmed by one of Michelle's posts above. Maybe Dean is the lucky recipient of the 880.

Tom

I saw that one as well, he's a lucky guy if he is. It kind of looks like an 046 in his picture, and he looks decked out in Stihl gear too :laugh:. I'm sure more than a few of us would love to be given chainsaws for our birthday, anniversary, Christmas, other holidays, heck any day of the year our wives/girlfriends want to give us saws would be fine by us :D .

Hey Michelle B, where are you gettin your 088? Grovers Mill in PJn? I',m kinda stuck on them now, theyve done me real good recently and I like to support them, since I know the owner was thinking about closing up shop and i'd like to support him as much as possible. Maybe we can get a steal on 2, I know that they do get a nice profit on these saws, they told me as much, might get a couple hundred off each?

pm me if your interested in persuing.

Dean

MichelleB said:
Yes, he is lucky!

But when he's playing with his chain saws, I know he's not playing with other women:) And 2K is worth a little bit of insurance:)

If he's playing wth the 880, he'll be too tired to play with [other] women! :laugh:

fishhuntcutwood said:
Nope, it's a caribou antler, and a whale rib. I'm at work right now. When I get home I'll post a pic of the two caribou racks locked together, still on the skull that I have sitting in the other corner.

Here's the caribou racks-

There's a couple of small whitetail racks in there with them.

Nonetheless, nice racks. My dad and I are planning a caribou hunt in Quebec for next year. Oh, and michelle...if things don't work out and your husband doesn't like the 880, just know that there's a 17 year old out there that loves you:D

Saw sheaths

There's a company out of Cashmere, Wa that makes some pretty slick nylon sheaths for saws. They have pockets on one side for 8" & 6" wedges, a pocket for a decent sized saw kit, velcro full length, (makes it pretty easy to put on) protection for the dogs, a leather flap to cover the muffler, and decent padding so you can pack it without a saw pad. The company's called Nimrod, they make packs for hunting and fire, but the saw sheath is the only thing they make that I think is worth the fabric they cut up to construct it. If anyone wants to know more, I could rustle up the number or post some pics.

I'm really not trying to sound like a advertisment or anything, I just like these things.

One of the guys that work for me had one custom made from aluminum diamond plate and it looks and works good... I've seen people modify the Husky power boxes to fit the Stihl 066 but I don't think the 088 will fit in them no matter how much you cut the inside panels out... Good luck finding a box for that big bear...

Ok my wife's name is Debora, not Michelle. Michelle is my baby girl (actually she's 3 now, and as of yesterday I made an announcement in the office here that we are expecting another one soon, in June to be precise!:) ).

Anyway I took a look at a couple of 880s, a old used one for $1200 with a brand new motor, and a new one for around 1600, depending on bar. In the dealership it did not look as big as I imagined it to be, but still it did look like it might be a bit much for whole day use. I've still got to decide if its worth it or not.

Latest posts

Back