Willys Woodsplitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AlinCalifornia

AlinCalifornia

ArboristSite Lurker
Hello,,
I am new to this forum..I have a woodsplitter that has a Willys Jeep motor,,(It was a generator for the military) on it and I am wanting to lighten it up by getting rid of the willys motor..It uses a lot of fuel...2.5 gallons an hour,,and is pretty slow..I have a new 9h.p. motor for it..So here is the questions I would like your expertise in figuring out..The cylinder is 7 inches and the piston is 5 inches with a 22 inch stroke..it has a Vickers V20 for the pump..Is the cylinder too big ??Pump too small?? Thank You for any help,,,Alan

Mac88

Mac88

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hello,,
I am new to this forum..I have a woodsplitter that has a Willys Jeep motor,,(It was a generator for the military) on it and I am wanting to lighten it up by getting rid of the willys motor..It uses a lot of fuel...2.5 gallons an hour,,and is pretty slow..I have a new 9h.p. motor for it..So here is the questions I would like your expertise in figuring out..The cylinder is 7 inches and the piston is 5 inches with a 22 inch stroke..it has a Vickers V20 for the pump..Is the cylinder too big ??Pump too small?? Thank You for any help,,,Alan

You might want to link this over to the firewood thread. There's a lot of guys building and modding splitters over there.

Latest posts