• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Windsor Chain. 3/8lp, and 3/8 Full Chisel Full Skip New Pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windsor used to be good stuff. I've ran several loops of it back a few years ago when it went on closeout.

I've run about every brand of chain out there and I've never noticed significant differences between them. I think Stihl chain lasts longer than the others as a general rule but not enough so that I buy new rolls of it. Acquiring a lot of used saws gets you lots of used loops of chain. This is what I mostly use and "new" chain goes on the saws I'm selling. I'm a bit like Philbert in that I try to use up what I have just because I don't like "waste". So I've probably spent too long trying to get rusted chains to bend again and stuff like that.
All that to say that if I needed a roll of chain in these sizes, I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy Windsor brand and I've purchased chain from gourmet donut man before and it arrived promptly and was as expected.

How does the Windsor compare to the comparable stihl chain. I have never purchased anything other than stihl chain.

I have run a heck of a lot of Windsor chain, being from Canada where it was made during its stint at BC we ran Windsor bars and chain for 15 years or more. Used many hundreds of feet of the stuff bucking hardwood. It was always better than Oregon for us and we didn`t have Stihl chain available to us at that time. If I could I wouldn`t hesitate at buying full rolls of regular chisel chain for the saws we run 24" and under bars, skip chain is not needed.

I have run a heck of a lot of Windsor chain, being from Canada where it was made during its stint at BC we ran Windsor bars and chain for 15 years or more. Used many hundreds of feet of the stuff bucking hardwood. It was always better than Oregon for us and we didn`t have Stihl chain available to us at that time. If I could I wouldn`t hesitate at buying full rolls of regular chisel chain for the saws we run 24" and under bars, skip chain is not needed.

Most of the wood we cut tends to be dirty so I'm contemplating try this skip chain. I need to check again but last I remember I knew a guy who could still get stihl chain for not much more.

Most of the wood we cut tends to be dirty so I'm contemplating try this skip chain. I need to check again but last I remember I knew a guy who could still get stihl chain for not much more.

Stihl chain is all I run now, it lasts the best for us and when bought by the roll it makes sense for my usage. I would still buy full rolls of Windsor though, it was great chain for our cutting needs but types of cutting vary widely due to local conditions.

Belize_Speed_Bump_Sign.JPG

Jon, I know your thread is about chain and I don't wish to derail it, my sorry, but anyway I need two(2) small mount 3/8 ,1.3 mil blades with the one rivet tip. Let me know if you ship to Canada. GB preferably if no Oregon. 18." For Hugsqueezevarna 346.
BTW, could you quote me a Walmart price and not the Yuppy fooker price?
Thanks in advance

Jon, I know your thread is about chain and I don't wish to derail it, my sorry, but anyway I need two(2) small mount 3/8 ,1.3 mil blades with the one rivet tip. Let me know if you ship to Canada. GB preferably if no Oregon. 18."
BTW, could you quote me a Walmart price and not the Yuppy fooker price?
Thanks in advance

Any particular length? I have some sweet NOS 32" Oregon K095's. I'll have to look and see what other lengths I have.

No Yuppie Fooker price for you.

Any particular length? I have some sweet NOS 32" Oregon K095's. I'll have to look and see what other lengths I have.

No Yuppie Fooker price for you.
My sorry again, I went back to my post and edited it. I need 18" 3/8 50 thou for a Hugsqueezevarna 346.

Latest posts

Back