wireless thermometer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wireless all the way from the boiler scares me, I've been looking for a wired one, figured it would be easy but not so easy...anyone know of one?

I just use wired indoor/outdoor thermometers. Then cut the wire, run wire from my wood stove to the room I where I want to monitor the temperature, then splice the wire to the sensor and the monitor at the other end.

Then the "outdoor" reading is the temperature near my wood stove.

So right now I am upstairs on my computer. I can look at my thermometer and see the wall temperature next to my wood stove (downstairs) is 96 degrees F.

I just use wired indoor/outdoor thermometers. Then cut the wire, run wire from my wood stove to the room I where I want to monitor the temperature, then splice the wire to the sensor and the monitor at the other end.

Then the "outdoor" reading is the temperature near my wood stove.

So right now I am upstairs on my computer. I can look at my thermometer and see the wall temperature next to my wood stove (downstairs) is 96 degrees F.

yep what ever works sure cuts down on runs to check it

I would love to have one like was on my parents solar hot water heater. It was digital and had 3 different temp probes. They had the system taken out and now I can't find the display unit. It was a CWS or Cobb Water Stove. I called them and they said they don't sell the thermometers any more. It was not wireless though.

Mac

Something like this from fwmurphy.com Made for monitoring, alarm or shutdown of high engine temps.
http://fwmurphy.com/pdf/00-02-0168.pdf

They are made to monitor over temps, but this model has a switch that can be wired NO or NC and adjusted through most of the scale, then it also has a adjustabe pin that is NO until the temp indicating needle become high enough to contact the adjustable pin.

The micro switch could be wire so that when the temp drop below the set point the switch would trigger a relay. They are vary low amperage though so a relay would be a must.
Ken

YOu guys are using these wireless smoker thermos to monitor inside water temps in the house right? Ideally I'd like to see what's going on at the boiler, still haven't found a wired one for that...

I have the same unit as marklamber61. Mine is wired to copper tubes in the pex line to hx. It works well for a while but loses the signal , only about 50feet from house. Mark, does yours drop the signal to the monitor, or is that a setting I have missed?...Lanny

I just bought a BBQ wired themometer at Walmart yesterday. It is a acu-rite brand and was $19.00. It has a wire witha probe on it, but you can not get the wire wet just the probe. It works good so far on my stove because I have a lid on top and just stuck the probe where the lid meets.

Mac

Back