Wish I had 100 cords stacked up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have sold a few cords of extra wood off and on over the last 10 years of burning. I have a good supply for my own fire for a few years, and have at least 10-15 extra cords all dried at least 2 years. We are moving to our cottage next year, and the girlie said we should sell some of the extra wood. She is off work unexpectedly, and I have no plans on moving firewood, so I agreed to it. Put an ad on craigs and didn't hear too much for awhile, then after xmas the phone started and has not stopped ringing. We keep a full cord loaded in the trailer all the time if we can, and can deliver right when we get a call. I have sold almost all of the good wood, and have 2 sales to deliver of "shorts" next week. I cut a deal on price for short pieces that I hate to stack, but I should have just sold it for the normal cord price, seems a lot of people have little stoves and want less than 16" pieces. I had a stack of 24" pieces and sold that with the first offer of it. I think a lot more people are burning wood that normally don't. I have never sold this much wood this fast before. The girlie is enjoying the work and extra money. She even says she wants to work on the front end next year, sawing and gathering wood. This oughta get interesting! I had 2 guys tell me they called me because I am willing to deliver, and I stack it. It takes us 20 minutes to stack a full cord. When I am out of wood, I am thinking of buying loads dumped into my trailer, and delivering and stacking it, for an extra $65. Even after fuel and time it is still a nice payout. I'll be stacking up a lot of wood next spring for sure for next winters sales.

The ones that simply buy wood dont think about it until needed (snow falling) then they want it no matter what.:msp_smile:

Yes, just make sure it's seasoned and dry when you deliver it (if possible). Nothing turns a buyer off more than getting a delivery of wet wood.

Latest posts

Back