With Pics. Step by step process to stop the 346xp from leaking bar oil, maybe.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh oh, now you've gone and done it. I'm going to have to link your post in a thread over at the HD Forums and bring the fury of the Harley Key Board Punchers down upon your Corvette loving arse! :msp_tongue:

Seriously now, like Harley owners can operate a computer.:wink2::laugh:

BTW, you are one of the few who figured it out.;)

A very simple fix to stop loosing oil on most husky saw during down time is to oneness the shut you oil tank via the cap this it bracket the vacume and should help not drain the tank u will still get oil from the bar and chain but tank should stay full

A very simple fix to stop loosing oil on most husky saw during down time is to oneness the shut you oil tank via the cap this it bracket the vacume and should help not drain the tank u will still get oil from the bar and chain but tank should stay full

Somehow, I think in that statement, is the answer to the oil leak issue.

Somehow, I think in that statement, is the answer to the oil leak issue.

Super, because mine used to leak a little, now it leaks a lot so I could use an answer. Does anyone have a jibberish to English dictionary handy? Taxi, sorry to rag on you because you are helping and I appreciate that but really, what the heck are you trying to say, to vent the oil cap a little maybe?

ok ok i got it i cant type on my cell phone. I was just saying that a husky saw oiling system is set up air tight and can create a vacume that will drain the bar oil out while the saw is sitting still to help prevent this all you need to do is pop the oil cap loose to break the vac. this should stop the oil leak. you should not have to use any greas or silicone. hopefully this is not so much jiberish but i am still a redneck so you can take that into acount for my spelling and use of words. good luck

Taxi, you're a good sport, glad you didn't take my ribbing the wrong way, it's all in fun. Cell phones are a pain to type on. Even though I live in CT I'm still in farm country and I'm half redneck myself (much to my wife's dismay, lol) so I'm not always the slickest when I post either. I have heard that vacuum theory before but keep forgetting to try it. Next time I take my saw out I'll give that a whirl.

yea give it a try i work in a shop and it seems to work on most every husky good luck

my 288xp used to leak the same way. When it got new seals I done the same as you have which is basically clean it and it never leaked again.Good article

ok ok i got it i cant type on my cell phone. I was just saying that a husky saw oiling system is set up air tight and can create a vacume that will drain the bar oil out while the saw is sitting still to help prevent this all you need to do is pop the oil cap loose to break the vac. this should stop the oil leak. you should not have to use any greas or silicone. hopefully this is not so much jiberish but i am still a redneck so you can take that into acount for my spelling and use of words. good luck

See, I knew there was some good info in that post!

Back