Wives and Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAwrestling#1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How many of you guys get saws and unload them out of the car and mix them in with your others when wife isnt looking and then when she asks weeks down the road, Is that a new saw? And you just say no I've had that for quite awhile??:msp_biggrin: I think mine is starting to count the saws:(

It is funny you mentioned that because my wife started counting my saws a little while back!!
So what I do now is stash them in different parts of the garage!!:msp_sneaky: (Kind of like hiding them!) It helps throw her off or lose count.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.......

Honesty is the best policy. Good communication is the key to a healthy loving marriage, not deception.:msp_biggrin:

How many of you guys get saws and unload them out of the car and mix them in with your others when wife isnt looking and then when she asks weeks down the road, Is that a new saw? And you just say no I've had that for quite awhile??:msp_biggrin: I think mine is starting to count the saws:(

This is a slippery slope. Trust isn't hard to build but it is easily lost. She may already know the answer before she asks the question to see if you will fess up. If you don't fess up, that trust is degraded she may question what else you are keeping from her. Like that cutie at the gas station that is a little too friendly...

I "hide" mine in plain sight in the garage, in fact there are several on the bench in front of where she parks her car. She know saws come in and knows some go out. Since I am now space restricted and can't bring home cars, trucks, tractors and dozers she is more tolerant. However, I did not correct her when she told someone I had 35 saws.

I "hide" mine in plain sight in the garage, in fact there are several on the bench in front of where she parks her car. She know saws come in and knows some go out. Since I am now space restricted and can't bring home cars, trucks, tractors and dozers she is more tolerant. However, I did not correct her when she told someone I had 35 saws.

she forgot the couple zero's after the 35 ;)

Haha.. Just wanted to see if I was the only one who has this problem... It's really not a problem she never questions me but I know she's going to soon as its getting harder and harder for her to get to the weedeater every month.

I have a fantastic wife,, she helps me look for deals and helps me unload them out of the truck,, she even helps me in the shop,, she cuts,,splits,,stacks wood etc,,etc,,, here is the proof

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/62KK-itB7YQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honesty is the best policy. Good communication is the key to a healthy loving marriage, not deception.:msp_biggrin:

Oh yeah,women love honesty,so they can beat you over the head with it.If she asks I tell her,if she doesn't I don't.The honesty things a two way street,sometimes she knows not to ask.

I have a fantastic wife,, she helps me look for deals and helps me unload them out of the truck,, she even helps me in the shop,, she cuts,,splits,,stacks wood etc,,etc,,, here is the proof

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/62KK-itB7YQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That rocks... I got my wife to help stack the wood which in my second year of wood burning at home is a step in the right direction. She liked running a borrowed Black and Decker battery powered saw but she doesn't want to run a gas powered saw yet. One day maybe.

Luckily my wife doesn't even go into the garage unless she thinks I'm hurt (hmm, he hasn't texted me asking for a beer in awhile....). She pays attention to the checking account. As long as I can trade labor or other saws for my saws, then I can do whatever I want. I also don't ask about her little "trinkets" either, lol. Its a pretty good deal for now.

mine don't give a #### how many saws i have, or buy.
she knows i'm smart enough to know wheather i can spend the money or not...
about 2 years ago i bought her an ms880, last year i sent it to randy (mastermind) for some weight loss and an attitude adjustment....
the saw runs awesome now, and she likes telling people about HER ported 880..
a guess i'll have to keep her (the wife, and the 880)

Mine doesn't say toooo much about them as long as we have firewood in the winter so she can keep the house at about 900 degrees.
She did ask me last year why I needed another saw when I had plenty. I explained it to her and she just rolled her eyes and said the old "whatever".

My wife can do a lot of things but I'm not sure its a good idea to teach them how to use certain things, especially when your wife has a temper :msp_scared:

Been married 25 years now. She's never complained or said a word about me buying any kind of tools. So I just happen to have hobbies that involve tools in some way or another.
I get another saw she just rolls her eyes :laugh::laugh:

Honesty is the best policy in marriage. Can't build much of a foundation when it sets on mistrust..........

Honesty is the best policy in marriage. Can't build much of a foundation when it sets on mistrust..........

I agree 100%, but not everybody has a wife like Mrs. Dodgegeek, Mrs. Scooterbum, Mrs. Splitpost, Mrs. Hedgerow, or Mrs. F150. Consider yourselves very very lucky to have understanding and supportive spouses. I just deleted a 1/2 page post because this is not the place for what I really want to say. Saw on....

Last edited:
my wife dosnt mind how many saws i have though she dose complain when she cant get to the washer and dryer, or i decide to clean saws in the kitchen/bath tub. my 2 and 4 year old daughters give me some guff asking why i need so many saws.

Back