Woe is me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have to say that this holiday season has been one of the worst I can remember. It all started by me smashing my Subaru WRX....16k worth of damage but not totaled. That was 2 days before xmas.....Merry FN xmas to Andy. Then 2 days later while im at work my 2 year old dog Duke the Doberman gets hit by a gashole and his frackwater truck. My wife and kids watch it happen and the foul bastard didn't even have the decency to stop and help my 100lb wife move a 100lb dog from the road. I get home and my 8 year old daughter has a note written on a piece of paper that read Dukey, Im sorry me and Isabella (my 3y/o) didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Daddy will burn this letter in the fireplace so you can read it in heaven. My line of work makes me fairly callous but this choked me up. Then 2 weeks later when im wallowing in my misery and feeling sorry for myself. My wife of 16 years tells me shes pregnant with my fourth child. So now it's 3 daughters 3,8, 16 and another unknown on the way. At least a great start to 2014.

Sounds like my new years eve...i watched as my greyhound was struck by a car. Shattered leg internal bleeding cuts everywhere. My bill is 15k so far and hes not home yet. I almost prayed he would not survive but i didnt have the heart to put him down when there was a chance he MIGHT survive. He lost the front leg and is just starting to recover. I hear his footsteps and panting in my sleep. Sorry for your loss. It will be a while before i find a space in my heart for another dog if/when he passes. Congrats on the new baby. Love every one the good lord gives you. It truly is a miracle and a gift, i wish i had three more. (Then the three i have now)

Sounds like my new years eve...i watched as my greyhound was struck by a car. Shattered leg internal bleeding cuts everywhere. My bill is 15k so far and hes not home yet. I almost prayed he would not survive but i didnt have the heart to put him down when there was a chance he MIGHT survive. He lost the front leg and is just starting to recover. I hear his footsteps and panting in my sleep. Sorry for your loss. It will be a while before i find a space in my heart for another dog if/when he passes. Congrats on the new baby. Love every one the good lord gives you. It truly is a miracle and a gift, i wish i had three more. (Then the three i have now)
The kids are my whole life. I just wasn't really planning on a 4th at 39. It's amazing how much a pet truly becomes part of your family.... Good luck and feel fortunate that you at least have time to say your goodbyes if that time comes. I hope for you and your family's sake it doesn't.

The kids are my whole life. I just wasn't really planning on a 4th at 39. It's amazing how much a pet truly becomes part of your family.... Good luck and feel fortunate that you at least have time to say your goodbyes if that time comes. I hope for you and your family's sake it doesn't.

Much thanks, i had my third at 40...they keep you young !!!!

Latest posts

Back