Won’t start when hot?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a procedure done at the hospital today. I need to take it easy no heavy lifting. I was asked where do I live home or a retirement home. Sorry my health is failing.
Glad you made it out alive.
You still need to give us something to go on.
Simply put we can sit here and guess at what's wrong with a saw and list all the possible things that could possibly be wrong, it's an exercise in futility because we don't know the simplest of things which I already stated.
Here it is again.
Did you put fuel in it.

Look at it and then get back with us, you have a better chance figuring it out than we do over the net, I hope.
Fuel, air, compression, spark at the right time, check them before posting. Other than these answers my best answer is the one above until you look at it and give us more to go on.
Good luck.
Now if you are just wanting to talk, then just say that ;).

I have a Husqvarna 268 that won’t start when hot? I mainly cut in cool weather in the fall and winter months till the spring thaw. This saw was running great till it ran out of gas. Now it won’t start?
Looking for ideas and suggestions before I look at it?

I never had huskys do this but I rarely cut in hot weather.

As was mentioned more than once "vapor lock" You were cutting on a hot day and ran out of gas. That becomes a problem because what fuel in the crankcase was there to cool the motor has been cooked away along with what was in the carburetor. Stopped running out of gas, no fuel means vapor lock. Everything gets heat soaked. Even the piston swells up in the bore.

You just can't add fuel and expect it to draw fuel through the carb and fill up the crankcase. It needs to cool down then get fuel saturation back. If you did get it to start shortly after it would run like crap as the piston is still expanded.

This is when you need to make sure the head cooling fins are clean to dissipate heat and the flywheel fins are not packed up with sawdust to move the most air.

So yea, cutting on a hot day running saw hard and running out of fuel will bring you more problems than on a cool fall winter day.

As also mentioned... air, fuel and spark to make it run... you were missing the right saturation of fuel as before you ran out of fuel.

That is the short answer.... Cheers.

Oh I hope you recover from your hospital procedure quickly.

yeah I found out a long time ago (the hard way) that when my 028 Super starts to lean out and go Zing! up top, it's low enough on fuel to stop and refuel, else it might be a chore getting it back running again full tilt boogie

As was mentioned more than once "vapor lock" You were cutting on a hot day and ran out of gas. That becomes a problem because what fuel in the crankcase was there to cool the motor has been cooked away along with what was in the carburetor. Stopped running out of gas, no fuel means vapor lock. Everything gets heat soaked. Even the piston swells up in the bore.

You just can't add fuel and expect it to draw fuel through the carb and fill up the crankcase. It needs to cool down then get fuel saturation back. If you did get it to start shortly after it would run like crap as the piston is still expanded.

This is when you need to make sure the head cooling fins are clean to dissipate heat and the flywheel fins are not packed up with sawdust to move the most air.

So yea, cutting on a hot day running saw hard and running out of fuel will bring you more problems than on a cool fall winter day.

As also mentioned... air, fuel and spark to make it run... you were missing the right saturation of fuel as before you ran out of fuel.

That is the short answer.... Cheers.

Oh I hope you recover from your hospital procedure quickly.
How long does vapor lock last? If the saw has cooled down it should start.

Latest posts

Back