Wood burning stoves no better today than before

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get a kick out this. The Karen in Alaska should visit the cities of the intermountain west during wildfire season. The smoke is so thick at times that you cant see accross the valley I live in which isnt all that wide.
Or a couple of blocks for that matter.

Years ago when Mount St Helen erupted we had a 1/4 inch of ash here in Northwestern Ontario so much for Organic gardening wiith the way stuff travels in the air.When BC had its big fires we got light traces of smoke here when the wind was from the west.BC is a couple thousand miles from here.
Kash
Any stove will burn clean if you can keep it burning hot enough controlling the burn is the secret.

Years ago when Mount St Helen erupted we had a 1/4 inch of ash here in Northwestern Ontario so much for Organic gardening wiith the way stuff travels in the air.When BC had its big fires we got light traces of smoke here when the wind was from the west.BC is a couple thousand miles from here.
Kash
Any stove will burn clean if you can keep it burning hot enough controlling the burn is the secret.

Kash

Sometimes I burn nothing but plastic straws and start it with lead gas!
Really? Are people this GD stupid to think their wood stove is destroying the environment?
Have they seen a factory?

I agree with you that wood stoves are not destroying the environment.

But high concentrations of people using wood stoves, fireplaces and burn pits in some places can make for a lousy local environment.

I've delivered fire wood to areas around Atlanta around the holidays that are so smokey that you'd think there was a close by house fire.

Latest posts

Back