Wood Fire Pizza

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
You may be obsessed with would...if you admire another man's flames in the background :D

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mz91GfoZ-Zs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mz91GfoZ-Zs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Did make me think of STLFirewood's (sp?) restaurant firewood business.

BTW -- I found the Chow Channel tonight by accident, I'm lovin' it. Here's another which is more about soda then you knew there was to know:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPbh6Ru7VVM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPbh6Ru7VVM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Reminds me of years ago the wife and I went to Vermont and found a place in Stowe called "Pie in the sky pizza pie" with a wood oven and it was FANTASTIC!!! Went back a few years later and it wasn't as good but it still was wonderful. We have wood-fired pizza places here in PA. but there was just something special about that place in Vermont....

Reminds me of years ago the wife and I went to Vermont and found a place in Stowe called "Pie in the sky pizza pie" with a wood oven and it was FANTASTIC!!! Went back a few years later and it wasn't as good but it still was wonderful. We have wood-fired pizza places here in PA. but there was just something special about that place in Vermont....

sugar maple firewood????????????????? :msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

I have a local pizza joint that has a wood fired pizza oven. It's the only place we buy our pizza.... it's THE BEST! They actually have opened up at least three other locations.... but it's still a family owned/ran buisness. The original one about 5 minutes from my house doesn't have any seating... pretty much take out only (well 1 booth in the corner). It's called Roma Pizza in Torrington, CT, but they have one in Canton, CT and I believe Ansonia or Shelton, CT also.

I've asked the owner about it before.... they burn all oak.... about 25 cords a year. The oven burns 24/7 year round.

Cooks a pizza in about 4 minutes.

Assuming that's per restaurant...and thinking of STLfirewood's prices...that would be a sweet contract to have :)

Yes, that is only the Torrington location which is the smallest of their locations, the other ones do both take out and sit down... and at least the Canton one is a nicer place with higher prices and a larger menu.

that pizza guy is a total pizza nazi hipster from the sounds of it
onnnn and onnnnn and onnnnnnn and onnnnnnnn
he refuses any toppings because hes an elitist , his way is best, he knows best for you. like he said, his pizza is the best pizza ever. if you dont like it, get out. hes the kind of cook that would yell at someone for saying it didnt taste good. it wouldnt be his food thats wrong, it would be your taste buds arnt educated enough to recognize the taste profiles hes working with
hes a bit eccentric to say the least

Since we're cutting obsessed here:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EAFG5ZLYpjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My favorite pizzeria in Vermont is The Outback in Killington. Their oven is pretty much just a big masonry igloo, inside the restaurant, with a fire in the back of the oven. They put the pizzas next to the fire and they cook in about 4 minutes. Taste great.

I live in NE Connecticut, but we go over to Southington all the time. I will try the one in Torrington.

I'm with Banshee on this loon.

The art of pizza is making a consistant product from a very inconsistant process. Anyone who knows cooking and pizza in particular will tell you that the products change throughout the day forget about the week or delivery. The cheese tastes different at 11am then it does at 11 pm. the humidty and weather have great influence on taste. The "art" is to make it happen as similar as possible knowing its a moving target. Just like logging. every tree is different and you need to know how to read it as such. Anyone who thinks he is "perfect" is waiting to be humbled...and it will come.

You can trust a guy named Angelo born in Sicily on pizza advice.

I build and sell wood fired pizza ovens . ( roundboy ovens ) I use the cut offs from cutting firewood in the oven. Nothing better than wood fired pizza.

I build and sell wood fired pizza ovens . ( roundboy ovens ) I use the cut offs from cutting firewood in the oven. Nothing better than wood fired pizza.

only thing better then a wood fired oven is a guy who knows how to run it and a guy who can cook. many more things to cook in a woodfire then just pizza. Just wait till you have had a top round or a pork tenderloin or a fresh apple pie....or crisp.

Nice looking trailer ,I hope he does well. Last night we made bread and pizza in our roundboy oven .

Latest posts

Back