wood furnace add-on location

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Jordan

Reaction score
I would like to add a wood furnace to my gas furnace. My furnace is in the basement and I would like to put the wood furnace in my garage. I have a empty spot on the house wall. It is a straight shot to all my duct work through the floor joists. I have both a return and supply duct that I can tie into. My question is, "What type, kind, or manufacturer would be best?" My house is 2500 sq ft. I have basement under the original 1200 Sq ft, with crawl space under the new 1300 ft. Im heating with natural gas now, but I have a baby due in January and my wife will no longer work. Trying to cut expenses. thanks for your help and input.
Jason

To do it properly you need to tie into you existing Ng furnace at the plenum not just where it's convenient . What's your buget ?
The tie in shouldn't be an issue. the furnace is about 12' from the garage wall. The duct run would only be about 20' plus what ever is needed at the add on. As far as budget, I would like to stay around or under $3000 for the whole project.

I agree with checking out the insurance, mine said if any thing that runs on gasoline can be parked there the answer is no. And it wasn't enough to just say that you won't if it had an overhead door it was still no.

Latest posts

Back